JEM Performance capacitor rebuild kit - Heresy Type E network

wuzzzer

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

My guess is Tecate Industries Metallized Polyester Axial Capacitors. Like the woofers Klipsch gets from Eminence, these will not be available to the public since they are proprietary parts made just for Klipsch and to Klipsch specs. 

I think you're right. I searched high and low on the interwebs and couldn't find anything with the exact specs printed on those caps. 

addendum: I found Tecate spec sheets for caps on their website. If JEM/Klipsch caps are Tecate the Tecate part number would be 7102H-250/205J. My curiosity has now been satisfied. 

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2021 at 9:18 PM, yamahaSHO said:

Hmm... You have me considering giving these a try.  I bought my Heresy's woth Solens already installed and they sounded good. I have put Sonicaps in, however, they have not been used yet on the rebuild. My La Scalas have Sonicaps with the A4500, and they sounded great... No grainy sounds or anything.

I went ahead and stuck with these for now.  If they sound good, which I suspect they will, I'll leave it as-is:

50830420957_086a793e01_b.jpg

9 hours ago, wetowne said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No worries at all -  whomever makes these caps for klipsch  , would still have  to manufacture  them to klipsch Factory specs to sound right  in a klipsch speaker  -

7 minutes ago, Budman said:

according to a klipsch employee he doesn't know what he's talking about

crossover art is in today

I've been building some, not as pretty, but not bad.  Keeps me off the street peddling packs of Costco toilet paper.  

On 1/11/2021 at 1:08 PM, Chief bonehead said:

Specification and finding parts/drivers that will not vary outside a certain limit is the hardest part. You wouldn’t believe how hard that is..........consistency 

On 1/11/2021 at 9:51 PM, sootshe said:

I suppose my issue is that how can you legitimately install $10 caps into a potentially $30K speaker & not hear the difference between that & a better quality cap.

I had a few pairs of $20K+ B&W Speakers that had pedestrian looking caps in the crossovers.  I rebuilt a set of B&W DM3000s from the Mid 1980s ($3K back then) and spoke to their engineers.  Funny thing, they said exactly what Roy is saying, you have to make sure the cap performs as necessary in the circuit, no matter how pretty the cap is. 

I can say this, even with the inexpensive looking caps, the high end B&W speakers sounded fantastic.  Same goes for the Palladiums with their 'cheap' looking caps. 

• Like 1

Well, I have non Klipsch designed crossovers in my LaScalas and feel I got lucky. Clint Eastwood not withstanding, I started with just having the cabinets and got some K33 woofers and K400 horns. The mid drivers are Atlas, so everything else there gets off.

However, my first pair of all original Klipsch part sounded very good to me, too. Should have never sold them, as they looked good, too.

19 hours ago, Marvel said:

Well, I have non Klipsch designed crossovers in my LaScalas and feel I got lucky. Clint Eastwood not withstanding, I started with just having the cabinets and got some K33 woofers and K400 horns. The mid drivers are Atlas, so everything else there gets off.

However, my first pair of all original Klipsch part sounded very good to me, too. Should have never sold them, as they looked good, too.

Not saying that it is not possible.  I have always bought 'good' capacitors, installed them and called it good. 

But the designers can use cheap looking but well vetted caps that perform as they want and get great sound.

I also has de ja vu with Roy's comments as I do remember the exact same comment from B&W. 

Well, as of today my Heresy LCR all have JEM Performance caps and I can happily say that with a minimal investment I'm very, very pleased at the results.

Also, Jim's customer service and communication is great!

If anyone else has done a network refresh with JEM caps, please start a new thread and post your results.  Thanks!  👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2