Puffin Phono Preamp

Fido

My newest addition to my setup which is now just a Blueos Node2i playing into a Denefrips Pontus and a dedicated phono setup that rotates from a Technics 1200 MKii and a Dual 1229. I have been using a Musical Fidelity Phono Preamp that sounded very good until tonight when my Puffin DSP Preamp from Parks Audio arrived and I am very impressed already with the Puffin. Kind of a wow moment in my analog setup. My Technics has a Denon MC cartridge DL-110 and sounded very good once I had VTA and alignment dialed in. The Puffin has so many features it is crazy. First thing I was able to do was move the stereo balance to make my listening seated position perfect and set the load and gain - Put "Clean" to the on position and pops are virtually eliminated and it does not appear to add any digital noise or sheen or anything - It just sounds awesome.

Anyone into vinyl should check out the Puffin. Every change I make seems to enhance my listening experiences. 

Most of the $$$ for my Puffin came from me selling old speaker parts to members on this forum.

i'm putting together a list of songs for my Puffin delivery next week

#1 Zep's going to california from how the west was won live album

#2 Clapton Unplugged will be here tomorrow

#3 Stones - living in a ghost town - can't you hear me knocking

#4 Dire Straits -

#5 Doors

#6 Traffic - low spark

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Budman said:

i'm putting together a list of songs for my Puffin delivery next week

#1 Zep's going to california from how the west was won live album

#2 Clapton Unplugged will be here tomorrow

#3 Stones - living in a ghost town - can't you hear me knocking

#4 Dire Straits -

#5 Doors

#6 Traffic - low spark

You will love the Puffin. Lots of ways to dial it in just the way you want it to sound but even the defaults make the preamp sound great. I have a Schiit Loki EQ I enjoy using. I have not tried adjusting the Puffins DSP tone controls or using the air or tilt features yet but am anxious to do so to compare with the Loki  -  Using the clean filter makes my records sound great - better than ever having pops and crackles gone while the sound is still totally analog sounding. 

• Thanks 1