KG SW anyone?

AndreG.

@Peter P. In another thread You mentioned:

"If I were to connect the kg sw to the 2nd channel outputs, I would have even greater bass because the Heresy II's would continue to run full-range, ADDING to the sub's output."

Have You run this option or are you satified with connecting the SW like Klipsch intended?

• Like 2

On January 13, 2021 at 9:29 AM, AndreG. said:

@Peter P. In another thread You mentioned:

"If I were to connect the kg sw to the 2nd channel outputs, I would have even greater bass because the Heresy II's would continue to run full-range, ADDING to the sub's output."

Have You run this option or are you satified with connecting the SW like Klipsch intended?

I prefer to run the sub and Heresy's separately because it makes it easy to compare with/without the sub, but quite frankly I do that so rarely I should just hook them up as the kg sw intended and let the high pass filter do its thing.

• Thanks 1

Ok, so it´s been delivered... but. - I haven´t connected it yet, only measured ohms, the drivers seem to be ok, high setting gives about 9 ohms, low is about 5. But the cabinet needs a rebuild, all four corners are banged up, badly, even the MDF took a beating. It looked ok on the Ebay pictures, so my guess is our postal service dropped it a few good times. Packaging wasn´t enough to handle 20 kilos of speaker i guess, i feared as much without original boxing.

Gonna hook them up tomorow and see if the drivers are good. Also pictures tomorow.

On the plus-side, the cable i got to connect the 1.5s and the SW looks pretty sharp.

This will be a bigger project than i thought.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

Here´s some pictures. It´s no impossible task and i might learn something. My colleague is a carpenter and he will help me out for sure, so not all is lost.IMG_20210117_131632.thumb.jpg.6b0e9a2aaf7d14cde36605eceec7c679.jpg

IMG_20210117_112156.thumb.jpg.6365b0900897d968f8c77390e836026d.jpgIMG_20210117_112228.thumb.jpg.dd2726bcb4af00c993169d3a2460e2af.jpgIMG_20210117_112241.thumb.jpg.5d8a1b05d3a4383b49334dde43ae094e.jpgIMG_20210117_112251.thumb.jpg.0ef309efd4421f5c98ffd13cd89941db.jpgIMG_20210117_112408.thumb.jpg.9ece62a51970afa185d84d6c1dc2c05f.jpg

I would file a damage report for this. It is shameful and you should receive financial compensation. 

Also, I would sand it to wood and stain it brown. You'll have to work on this anyhow now. On second thought.after repair, painting it black will hide the reparation. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Here´s some pictures. It´s no impossible task and i might learn something. My colleague is a carpenter and he will help me out for sure, so not all is lost.

a Carpenter can fix this stuff very easily , with wood filler , then using  a  technique with Air brush  spray , you couldn't even tell the difference  , unless you looked very close --------worse scenario  , repaint it  -

25 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

a Carpenter can fix this stuff very easily , with wood filler , then using  a  technique with Air brush  spray , you couldn't even tell the difference  , unless you looked very close --------worse scenario  , repaint it  -

Well, actually i was thinking about getting rid of the old verneer (bummer, because i think it was walnut...), fixing the cabinet and re-verneer in oak, since my 1.5s are oak too.

On the sonic-side, the box seems to be working, just have to find the right placement for optimum base.

• Like 1

Wood putty, some gentle sanding, and black stain. If you find the side panels themselves have pulled apart, you can square up the box with a small ratchet strap used to repair furniture.

Drive finishing nails in, countersink them, then fill the holes with a furniture repair pencil.

I performed a similar nail repair on my Heresy's and it's invisible.

• Thanks 1