New to La Scala Wow what a sound stage

JMeader

• Klipsch Employees
7 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Well, there was a contributor whose opinion and perspective I was interested in. His name was Roy.

I think many of you folks succesfully  managed to scare him off. 

I promise that won’t happen. That’s why my name is chief bonehead. I can recognize them from a long ways off....🤓

• Like 2

• Klipsch Employees
24 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

1.  Does Klipsch sell new or refurbished tweeters for any speakers in the Heritage line? Yes. New. 

2.  Does Klipsch sell repair parts for any tweeters in the Heritage line? Yes. Diap kits

3.  Does Klipsch sell new or refurbished midrange drivers for any speakers in the Heritage line?  It depends

4.  Does Klipsch sell repair parts for any midrange drivers in the Heritage line?  It depends. 

5.  Does Klipsch sell new or refurbished woofers for any speakers in the Heritage line?  Yes. 

6.  Does Klipsch sell repair parts for any woofers in the Heritage line?  No

7.  Does Klipsch sell any driver to horn gaskets for speakers in the Heritage line? Yes if we use them. 

8.  Does Klipsch sell any parts other than capacitors to be able to repair a crossover? No. See JEM

9.  Does Klipsch sell risers or other speaker cabinet parts that are faithful to the original model?

No. 

must have valid serial numbers. 

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Yeah well, that was for the benefit of those that couldn’t get a straight answer previously.

Well......you play games And I learn quick and play your silly games....and I never saw anyone ask those questions so clean your glasses bro.

and I will say this....when someone ask genuine questions and I am on the forum....I answer them as correctly as I can. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Well......you play games And I learn quick and play your silly games....and I never saw anyone ask those questions so clean your glasses bro.

and I will say this....when someone ask genuine questions and I am on the forum....I answer them as correctly as I can. 

Amazing

oh yeah, amazing and exhausting.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Z said:

I have '73 Vertical Cornwalls and '80 Hereseys (still sound good). After this many years (other than capacitors) is there anything that could wear out or deteriorate where I might need to replace something down the road?

Just an opinion but you are good to go. Wait and see. Cool thing is you now have choice of Klipsch approved capacitors. Congrats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Z said:

I have '73 Vertical Cornwalls and '80 Hereseys (still sound good). After this many years (other than capacitors) is there anything that could wear out or deteriorate where I might need to replace something down the road?

Clean the terminals at the block and at the drivers. The copper oxidizes and contact resistance can go way up. 

Tighten  the woofer mounting screws. They can loosen up over time.

There is a gasket between the mid horn and compression driver. Definitely  replace.  They dry out and lose seal.

These are all I know of that require looking at once past damaged drivers or failing capacitors.