CL: LaScala Single Black ( St. Pete )

billybob

I'm not sure where to categorize that single LS.  LS pair average is $1208, but this is an LSI.

LSI pair averages $1000 even.  La Scala single averages $472.

I'm thinking I will put it in the LSI category and put an "s" in the cell.  The s is for "single" and putting a letter in the cell with numbers means it will not be included in the average but you still can see the price, for research purposes. 

Ideas?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I'm not sure where to categorize that single LS.  LS pair average is $1208, but this is an LSI.

LSI pair averages $1000 even.  La Scala single averages $472.

I'm thinking I will put it in the LSI category and put an "s" in the cell.  The s is for "single" and putting a letter in the cell with numbers means it will not be included in the average but you still can see the price, for research purposes. 

Ideas?

If LSI averages $1000 for the pair, I’d say it seems right on the money. $500 for 1 equals $1000 for two? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, W27 said:

If LSI averages $1000 for the pair, I’d say it seems right on the money. $500 for 1 equals $1000 for two? 

Cannot say different but would say, I would offer even less being a single. No best offer in advert at the moment. Ad is 15 days old now.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, W27 said:

Historically LSI's are hard to sell because they have such a small market.  By definition they were working speakers for gigs or clubs and not in great shape.  The rest of the idea is most people don't want ugly industrial monsters in their living room so the pool of potential buyers is smaller than for home speakers.

Finding a buyer for a single LSI is a smaller buyer pool still.  You can buy a single if you need a center for L/C/R LS's but if you had to find a second single to match I think that would take a long time.

On paper $500 for a single LSI sounds good, but in reality IMO it's worth a lot less because it would take so long to find a buyer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

Historically LSI's are hard to sell because they have such a small market.  By definition they were working speakers for gigs or clubs and not in great shape.  The rest of the idea is most people don't want ugly industrial monsters in their living room so the pool of potential buyers is smaller than for home speakers.

Finding a buyer for a single LSI is a smaller buyer pool still.  You can buy a single if you need a center for L/C/R LS's but if you had to find a second single to match I think that would take a long time.

On paper $500 for a single LSI sounds good, but in reality IMO it's worth a lot less because it would take so long to find a buyer.

I agree with everything you’re saying. I know I’m the minority but I actually prefer black. This one looks much nicer than most LSI’s I see. I live in NYC. They don’t come up for sale here often, when the do they seem to be about double your spread sheets. They don’t last long, so I assume they sell for close to asking price. 

I appreciate your spreadsheets. Very helpful and informative. 

• Like 2

Decided to post it this time.

The black industrial looks solid and a little whatever and looking

good again. I would pay offering price.

Black industrial looks nice.

Look almost flawless in low light.

Light walls behind.

Sounds like shipping is out per member here.

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Lol, not affiliated as post says.

Thanks!

I read that in post one, but the way you and @wstrickland1 were glad handing and back slapping slightly upstream ^^^ it looked like you were the Seller and he was the Buyer.

That was my first mistake of the year.  My bad.  😆

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, billybob said:

No problem. Glad a member got it.

May need ac help this summer, lol

and with any luck I'll be down that way this year. I-4 Corridor and down to Boca but who knows where the wacky world of HVAC will take me. I have people all over though, let me know if you do indeed have a problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wstrickland1 said:

and with any luck I'll be down that way this year. I-4 Corridor and down to Boca but who knows where the wacky world of HVAC will take me. I have people all over though, let me know if you do indeed have a problem.

Thanks but yes...was kidding but,

Yes thanks. Dang, you do travel far.