RP-140SA vs R-41SA

Klipschedule

Which is better?  RP-140SA or R-41SA?  What are the differences?  Will the RP-140SA give a better sound?

I have a pair of R-41SA and I'm not that impressed by its performance or what I'm hearing from it.  All I'm hearing is distorted audio when I get closer to see if there is any sound coming out of them.  May be it blends in with the sound from other channels so the distortion is suppressed while hearing from the listening position.  But as a standalone speaker, it may not sound great is what I concluded.  Is this the same with everyone?

Just thinking returning the R-41SA and getting a RP-140SA (old stock through).  I really like the build quality of R-41SA and the wood texture.  But not quiet sure about the build quality of SA-140SA.  From the pics of a pair in sale in the below link, looks like the texture is some kind of paper or plastic material.  I have the RP-6000P and RP-500C and really like the wood texture on them.  Not sure how good is the build of RP-140SA?  Is it comparable or a step back?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Reference-Premiere-RP-140SA-Dolby-Atmos-Speakers-Pair-200W-Peak-Power/254637048351?hash=item3b498d021f:g:xosAAOSwNqFe96xL

The RP-series is a higher end speaker series than the R-series.

The tweeters on both speakers are initially the same. The only difference being that the RP tweeter has LTS (Linear travel suspension). That basically means its supposed to be able to give less distortion and improve sound clarity. The woofers on the two speakers are made of different materials. I unfortunately do not know what advantages/disadvantages there may be between them. 

It is normal that the speaker emits a very small amount of static sound when the system is on and you get very close up to the speakers tweeter. If the sound is louder, as in that it can be heard from your listening position, check that the cable hooked up to the speaker doesnt have any electronics very close to it. There is very little chance, but that might be the reason. If the sound emitting from the speaker is truly distorted, you may have a wire loose inside the speaker. If you are comfortable doing it, id recommend having a look inside and check just in case. Before doing this, hook the speaker you think might be broken to the center channel and play a movie and see if the sound is still distorted. If you are within the return-period, do not open the speaker. Just return and at least get your money back.

Both the RP and the R is covered and finished with vinyl. None of the outer layers are actual wood grain. They have more or less the exact same build quality.

The RP-140SA is in the same speaker series as your LCR, hence the "RP" in their names. The RP-140SA is more comparable to your LCR than the R-41SA. Your LCR is from the latest RP-series (RP 2.gen). The RP-140SA is from the 1.gen RP series. The differences between the first and second generation are all in all small. The biggest difference would probably be the design of the speaker itself. For a perfectly matched speaker to your LCR, for the hardware and aesthetics,  go for the RP-500SA.