Remove driver in R115SW

Jsmiddleton4

I recently replaced the driver in my R115sw. To remove the ring just slip a putty(or butter) knife between the rubber ring and he wood an pry gently to lift a bit of it out, then you can easily just pull the rest out. Its a pretty solid rubber ring so hard to dmg it with just a little care.

The screws will be easily seen once its out. After removing the screws you may need to pry a bit on the woofer edge to get a start on it to get it out. 

Be careful removing driver as once the magnet slips off its mount the full weight drops, its a heavy magnet and hard to control when just holding by the rim edge.

The issue is that the wire leads that connect to the amp are a bit on the short side and if the driver slips from your hand and pull very hard on the connection to the amp.

You may want to unscrew the amp plate on the back and disconnect the leads there first as the amp is much lighter and easier to handle.

I made a new longer lead to connect amp and driver just in case I need to remove it in the future.

Once everything is screwed back together, the rubber ring can be re-inserted and easily pushed in with your hand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jsmiddleton4 said:

I'm looking at stepping up in driver to a B&C subwoofer.  Problem is almost impossible to match the drivers.  

Build the enclosure for the woofer you want/have.  Don't try and put another woofer in a cabinet and amplifier specifically designed for one woofer model.