Bi wire KHORN

dubuque99

I would like to bi wire my k horns I have AK 2 crossovers with caps on inside of woofer doors. 

I will be replacing the caps on the doors, however, because I will be running direct wires to the upper horns and the lower woofer,

do I change the value of the caps on the woofer doors? How should I wire them? ( I have a photo of the inside door I cannot up load it).

Thank You in advance!!

6 hours ago, dubuque99 said:

I would like to bi wire my k horns I have AK 2 crossovers with caps on inside of woofer doors. 

I will be replacing the caps on the doors, however, because I will be running direct wires to the upper horns and the lower woofer,

do I change the value of the caps on the woofer doors? How should I wire them? ( I have a photo of the inside door I cannot up load it).

Thank You in advance!!

Hi

The HUGH capacitors inside the woofer door are for the woofer only.  Are you planning on keeping the 140 uf values (AK-2) or replacing them with 100 uf caps

(AK-3).  As you may know, the AK-3 changed the autotransformer and squawker shunt inductor values as well.

On to bi-wiring.  The fuse for the high frequency current (1 1/4 amp) is located in the door, and is wired between the low pass + and the high pass +

speaker terminals.  If you don't care about a fuse, then simply run the first wire to the woofer in + and - on the woofer door and the second to the top hat

crossover input + and  -.  If you want to keep a fuse. it would be easiest to just add another one in the top hat before the high pass crossover.

Mike