CES 2021 Klipsch Announces The Jubilee and Dolby ATMOS for your next CAR

Travis In Austin

• Klipsch Employees
13 hours ago, Bacek said:

I would say that in lower part it's no longer Jubilee but something that looks similar to it. If it sounds fine then OK. Esthetics is controversial for me.

Form new ideas I have loved The Fifteens (RIP) look but this one is on opposite side.

For me veneered Pro Jubilee version is nicer then this one.

No longer a jubilee?  Says who?

• Like 3

On 1/11/2021 at 9:20 PM, Schu said:

am I mistaken, or does the old LF section have a longer horn path...

My thoughts exactly! Also, the back and front waves traverse through the same folded horn? Wonder if it will be available for audition in Indianapolis or Hope. I am willing to make the drive...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kwingylee said:

My thoughts exactly! Also, the back and front waves traverse through the same folded horn? Wonder if it will be available for audition in Indianapolis or Hope. I am willing to make the drive...

Hopefully a pair will be available to audition soon. I'd love to hear a pair.

• Moderators
On 1/15/2021 at 12:01 PM, Robert Gervais said:

Dolby Atmos for my car?  Awesome!  Would be even better to get Klipsch speakers for my cars.

They are partnering, in some form, with Panasonic. The announcement mentioned "OEM" several times, so my speculation is that it will be an option on some new vehicles in the future. They didn't mention anything specific but the video showed a SUV size vehicle.

In the past they (Voxx) have had various contracts with various manufacturers for OEM. Not sure what time frames would be on this. I will start a thread with the video about this on a different thread.

On 1/13/2021 at 8:47 AM, Bacek said:

I would say that in lower part it's no longer Jubilee but something that looks similar to it. If it sounds fine then OK. Esthetics is controversial for me.

Form new ideas I have loved The Fifteens (RIP) look but this one is on opposite side.

For me veneered Pro Jubilee version is nicer then this one.

You might say it’s not the original Jubilee, but that wasn’t the first version, either, since the version that I think was the first (the one in the familiar picture with PWK) had a K-403 tweeter horn and covered LF openings.  There was an original production La Scala, but those haven’t been made since 2005.  The 2006-on model is called the La Scala II, and it’s certainly a La Scala.

In the case of the 2021 Jubilee, it’s the first production home model, as opposed to the earlier Pro model that was not generally available. That, plus the fact that Roy calls it the Jubilee, settles the argument for me.  Or the difference of opinion, if you prefer.

As for the looks of the 2021 Jubilee, I suggest we wait until we’ve seen more pictures, from different angles and in different lighting conditions, before we form a real opinion on how we feel about its looks.  Impressions from people who’ve actually seen them counts, too, since photos can be misleading.

• Like 1