CES 2021 Klipsch Announces The Jubilee and Dolby ATMOS for your next CAR

Travis In Austin

5 hours ago, Islander said:

There was an original production La Scala, but those haven’t been made since 2005.  The 2006-on model is called the La Scala II, and it’s certainly a La Scala.

Except of the split and look they are the same, just some minor updates, concept is the same. With new Jubilee we have definitively major update/change in bass bin. Of course those are Klipsch prodcuts, if they called them Jubilee then that is the name.

5 hours ago, Islander said:

In the case of the 2021 Jubilee, it’s the first production home model, as opposed to the earlier Pro model that was not generally available.

Old Pro looks more like home model compared to new one.

Actually for me if it's sound's good than look does not matter, but have own opinion on look too.

That is the case with any design. Some love it some hate it and for some does not matter.

Definitively I would like to have opportunity to listen to them, but it Poland it will not happen any time soon or ever. Maybe on some trip to US.

• Like 3

As a previous owner of a set of Jubilee knockoffs I will be very interested in the new Jubilees. If they shore up the last half octave at the bottom this bass lover could get very excited.  I had to run mine in the corners of the room to get my bass fix.

Does anyone here remember the guy who had six jubillees in a media room setup with massive passive crossovers mounted on the wall?  Been trying to find the old posts about his setup.

Ha.  IIRC there was an article in QST long ago describing corillaries to Edsel Murphy's laws.  It was that units of measures given will always be in something odd.  Velocity will be in furlongs per fortnight.

I very much appreciate you bringing it to mind.

WMcD

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 6:35 AM, bracurrie said:

As a previous owner of a set of Jubilee knockoffs I will be very interested in the new Jubilees. If they shore up the last half octave at the bottom this bass lover could get very excited.  I had to run mine in the corners of the room to get my bass fix.

Does anyone here remember the guy who had six jubillees in a media room setup with massive passive crossovers mounted on the wall?  Been trying to find the old posts about his setup.

That was/is @rigma and @MZKITTY

On 1/13/2021 at 5:54 PM, Edgar said:

It's a distant memory, but I think I recall an article in the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society (or ... somewhere) about porting the Jubilee bass bin. Many years ago. Anybody else remember that, or am I hallucinating again?

I don’t remember an AES about porting the Jubilee bass bin but here is the Patent for..... “ Loudspeaker Having Horn Loaded Driver And Vent “ -  Roy Delgado Jr  filled  Jul. 22, 1997

• Like 2

On 1/13/2021 at 5:42 PM, mikebse2a3 said:

Absolutely..!!!  and knowing how much PWK was impressed with the first Jubile LF design makes me wish he could have listened to this evolution containing even more of his design goals..

miketn

Does that qualify him (PWK) as a non-heard?

• 4 weeks later...

Wow this is simply INCREDIBLE! 🤤

Occasionally you'd see those special order commercial Jubilee's for home use with the wood finish but finally having them at the top of the line to compliment the KHorn, and La Scala is just icing on the cake, wow!

The new Jubilee looks absolutely stunning, and I love how they incorporated the new post 70th look on them like they have with all the latest models with the Grille, logo and wood finish to really give it that premium feel. The outboard XOver box is a nice touch as well.

Never had the privilege of hearing a Jubilee in person, but everyone here raves about them so I can only imagine they are god like lol.

Although I must admit I am curious on how the massive 2 way horn sound differs from the 3 way design in KHorns and La Scalas! They'd a touch too big for my room but I could see how they would be perfection in a bigger room for 2ch or as L/Rs for HT. I bet 3 across the front would be insane behind a large projector screen for a dedicated theater!

Roy and his team have done such an amazing job continuing Paul's vision but tastefully expanding and modernizing it in all the right ways!

Speaking of which a few things I'd love to see is Klipsch consider making purpose built more "conventional" dedicated matching HT oriented Center and Surround for Heritage in perhaps 2 different sizes to compliment being paired with different type/size models, big and small. RF/RC line is truly fantastic but heritage based multi-channel system provides that big theater 2/3 way horn performance we know and love. Klipsch tends to market them as just 2-channel line but many of us know how amazing they are in 3-channel and up.... even Paul loved his 3-channel stereo. Another suggestion would be allowing customers to more easily purchase single new Hersey's, La Scala's, Cornwall's etc. particularly for those wanting to get a single one between a pair of other heritage models used for L/R for a 3-channel music system or for a dedicated theater array. Would still be great having a smaller or alternate horizontally set center design (something RC64 esque) or one of those bipole surrounds in the RP line, made bigger, both matching heritage driver/sound wise and aesthetically.

Alternatively they could be similar or of same caliber/driver quality and size as RF-7 IIIs and RC64III for people that use those across the screen. Such a model could also work well with heritage too with an alternate RF matching appearance and a heritage matching appearance versions. For RF/RC, a "RF-700M", "RF602S" and "RF600SA" type bookshelf/bipole/atmos would be amazing for surrounds or the former for 2-channel RF caliber bookshelfs. Although ideally separate equivalents for Heritage would be best.

Things like that would make it easier for people wanting to go for and configure an all heritage or all mainstream flagship RF/RC based HT system from the start and desiring to have equal-truly matching caliber speakers for surrounds or centers as opposed to having to go down to the R/RP line, used/older or vintage heritage or seek other brand solutions.

JBL has done that with their new horn design HDI line and even Focal as far up as the Sopra's make a big dedicated center and matching surrounds for a more mainstream theater esque style config. Of course you could still run a 3rd equal or slightly smaller sized floorstander model vertically for the Center and surrounds like many of us do with Heritage now, but with having to get everything in pairs in makes purchasing and acquisition difficult.

Keep up the great work team Klipsch, thanks for all you guys do!!

• Like 2

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Islander said:

Although most purchasers buy Klipschorns and La Scalas as pairs, they’re usually priced per speaker, not per pair, for those who want more (or less) than a traditional 2-channel setup.

The Anniversary/Special Edition  series in the past have been book matched pairs. No idea what these might be.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2021 at 9:58 PM, dtel said:

in a size that could fit almost anywhere

The new Jubilee appears to “all that and a bag of chips,” but one thing it certainly is not is “a size that could fit almost anywhere.”  By any standard Cornwalls are large speakers, and the new Jubes absolutely dwarf them.  The Jubilee is huge for all the right reasons, but let’s be honest, it isn’t exactly the kind of speaker you’re going to slip through the front door without anyone noticing.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 4:31 PM, Schwa said:

The new Jubilee appears to “all that and a bag of chips,” but one thing it certainly is not is “a size that could fit almost anywhere.”  By any standard Cornwalls are large speakers, and the new Jubes absolutely dwarf them.  The Jubilee is huge for all the right reasons, but let’s be honest, it isn’t exactly the kind of speaker you’re going to slip through the front door without anyone noticing.

I disagree it disappears into the corners 8-)