CES 2021 Klipsch Announces The Jubilee and Dolby ATMOS for your next CAR

Travis In Austin

On 2/27/2021 at 5:31 PM, Schwa said:

The new Jubilee appears to “all that and a bag of chips,” but one thing it certainly is not is “a size that could fit almost anywhere.”  By any standard Cornwalls are large speakers, and the new Jubes absolutely dwarf them.  The Jubilee is huge for all the right reasons, but let’s be honest, it isn’t exactly the kind of speaker you’re going to slip through the front door without anyone noticing.

Speaking of the size of the new Jubilee, have the dimensions of this beast been released yet?  There's no point in me contemplating this financial folly if they won't fit where I want them to go.  🙂 

4 hours ago, IB Slammin said:

Well said Seti.

......And the Cornwall is not a big speaker.  It's a large bookshelf. 

tc

Preach it brother!!!

I wish I had a picture of me hiding the 1502 from Stacey. I just put a blanket over it lol... It took three days for her to notice...

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder what the "latest version" of thr Tractix horn is. Also, never noticed it before, but it appears to be The Jubilee in a raw form in the background. If k402 is same dimensions, than this can give a general idea of the size of the bass bin.d191f8e4ae546f7a995000ae8dd1c129.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Should Volti be permitted to use the Forum promote Volti “upgrades” to Khorns and other Heritage products?  I’d say no because it implies our endorsement, which I don’t think has happened.   Nor do I think they amount to the improvement implied. 

—Larry

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, LarryC said:

Should Volti be permitted to use the Forum promote Volti “upgrades” to Khorns and other Heritage products?  I’d say no because it implies our endorsement, which I don’t think has happened.   Nor do I think they amount to the improvement implied. 

—Larry

Hey Doctor, Doctor,

I haven't seen him post anything on here in years, speakers, upgrades, or otherwise. Did I miss something?

• Like 1

I saw it yesterday in an obscure part of the forum, which I probably couldn’t  find that quickly again. I don’t recall it being that directly from him, more like a statement of availability. I’ll let you know if I see something in the future

Larry

On 3/27/2021 at 7:47 PM, dwilawyer said:

Hey Doctor, Doctor,

I haven't seen him post anything on here in years, speakers, upgrades, or otherwise. Did I miss something?

Probably not ... I have a habit of not being as careful as I should be about how old a thread is before replying to it  I hereby apologize to you and Greg.  Has the virus shut-in process affected you?  Gary and Marty are now being vaccinated and we may get together one of these days.  Seen any good concerts lately?

-- Larry

Glad to see Roy Delgado redesigned the Jubilee with bass reflex ports. I had a conversation with Paul back in the early 1990's and mentioned adding bass reflex to a horn design to extend the bass and Paul abruptly shot it down. I did buy his white papers and he gave me a little pocket knife. It's around, somewhere.

This is obviously a totally different bass cabinet design compared to the original Jubilee. To say it's the same is Heresy... Like calling a VW Bug and Porsche the same car. I wonder what a passive crossover would look like for this setup, thank goodness for DSP.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the patent number (as cited in the ad) for the new Jubilee? A search of the USP&TO website revealed no recent patents issued or pending for Roy (Rogelio) Delgado that would describe the re-designed Jubilee bass horn.

Surely Klipsch is not citing Roy's patent #5,898,138 issued on April 27, 1999: Loudspeaker having horn loaded driver and vent.

Lee

Jubilee info.JPG

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Arkytype said:

Does anyone know the patent number (as cited in the ad) for the new Jubilee? A search of the USP&TO website revealed no recent patents issued or pending for Roy (Rogelio) Delgado that would describe the re-designed Jubilee bass horn.

Surely Klipsch is not citing Roy's patent #5,898,138 issued on April 27, 1999: Loudspeaker having horn loaded driver and vent.

Lee

Jubilee info.JPG

You apparently have no understanding of patent law.

How does having an "understanding of patent law" matter here?

Either the new Jubilee's bass bin design is protected by a Utility Patent because it is novel, non-obvious, etc. or the Jubilee's appearance is protected by a Design Patent.

What am I missing?

Lee

If the Klipsch Jubilee ad copy is referring to an expired patent, why not make the same advertising claim for the current La Scala and Klipschorn? Both were patented products in their day.

Klipschorn: 2,373,692 granted April 17, 1945

La Scala:     4,138,594 granted February 6, 1979

Lee

• Moderators
On 4/18/2021 at 8:21 AM, Arkytype said:

How does having an "understanding of patent law" matter here?

Either the new Jubilee's bass bin design is protected by a Utility Patent because it is novel, non-obvious, etc. or the Jubilee's appearance is protected by a Design Patent.

What am I missing?

Lee

Embodyment