CES 2021 Klipsch Announces The Jubilee and Dolby ATMOS for your next CAR

Travis In Austin

• Moderators
On 3/31/2021 at 8:01 PM, LarryC said:

Probably not ... I have a habit of not being as careful as I should be about how old a thread is before replying to it  I hereby apologize to you and Greg.  Has the virus shut-in process affected you?  Gary and Marty are now being vaccinated and we may get together one of these days.  Seen any good concerts lately?

-- Larry

We are all good, my parents (90 and 82) got it but came through all ok. We are all vaccinated and doing well. Maybe I will crash that get together. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 5:31 PM, Schwa said:

The new Jubilee appears to “all that and a bag of chips,” but one thing it certainly is not is “a size that could fit almost anywhere.”  By any standard Cornwalls are large speakers, and the new Jubes absolutely dwarf them.  The Jubilee is huge for all the right reasons, but let’s be honest, it isn’t exactly the kind of speaker you’re going to slip through the front door without anyone noticing.

There's actually a Cornwall INSIDE the new Jubilees to generate more bass down really low. LOL.

15 minutes ago, babadono said:

So I think @McBlueMeter wants to know(me too just for a laugh)....how much?

I'm not sure if the pricing is officially public information yet.  I've seen some other people repeating correct and incorrect ones.  However, I don't feel it's my place to reveal the pricing until it is obviously public.  Just contact any Certified Heritage Dealer.  The people over @Paducah Home Theater will gladly tell you without committing to a purchase.  😁

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

However, I don't feel it's my place to reveal the pricing until it is obviously public

Didn't think you would take the bait:) I get it, the price you work out should probably be kept secret...at least for now.

On 5/28/2021 at 3:44 PM, babadono said:

Didn't think you would take the bait:) I get it, the price you work out should probably be kept secret...at least for now.

This kind of thinking is what I don't understand.

Let's use an analogy. If you are interested in buying a new car, do you only go to a single dealership, or do you shop at several dealerships? If one dealer tells you this a "special price and just for you ....",  do you really believe them?

I would take all these claims floating around about price and availability with a huge grain of salt. C'mon we have all been around the block before .... haven't we?

3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

This kind of thinking is what I don't understand.

Let's use an analogy. If you are interested in buying a new car, do you only go to a single dealership, or do you shop at several dealerships? If one dealer tells you this a "special price and just for you ....",  do you really believe them?

I would take all these claims floating around about price and availability with a huge grain of salt. C'mon we have all been around the block before .... haven't we?

I never said I got any special price.  I am paying the retail price like anyone else will.  Heritage products have "universal pricing" (I think that's the term for it) and aren't discounted unless it's B-stock.  If you contact any Certified Heritage Dealer you will be given the same price.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, MMurg said:

I never said I got any special price.  I am paying the retail price like anyone else will.  Heritage products have "universal pricing" (I think that's the term for it) and aren't discounted unless it's B-stock.  If you contact any Certified Heritage Dealer you will be given the same price.

That's correct, Universal Pricing. 

I believe the official MSRP isn't limited or restricted, but like you said, I didn't feel it was my place to announce it. 

My understanding is that it was in the mid to upper "thirties".

Congratulations @MMurg, you must be one of the first, if not the first on the list. 

What part of the country are you located in? You will have no shortage of visitors.

Travis

9 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

That's correct, Universal Pricing. 

I believe the official MSRP isn't limited or restricted, but like you said, I didn't feel it was my place to announce it. 

My understanding is that it was in the mid to upper "thirties".

Congratulations @MMurg, you must be one of the first, if not the first on the list. 

What part of the country are you located in? You will have no shortage of visitors.

Travis

I'll just say the northeast.  Not sure how many visitors I want.  🙂 

26 minutes ago, babadono said:

Okay whatever. All I know is I did not pay anywhere near what the going price was/is for the last few pairs of the "old" Jube. $19 or 20K? Nope.

Yes, those who purchased the pro version of the Jubilee likely got a significant discount in the past.  Perhaps that was done to keep the product alive.  I have no idea what kind of markup the dealers got for those but I bet the financials weren't great for Klipsch or the dealers at those prices.  A product like that should cost more than the Klipschorn.  Also, the Pro products are not subject to universal pricing so deals could be made.  I know people are disappointed in loosing what may have been one of the best deals in audio but that's the decision that Klipsch has made.  I'm very fortunate that my financial situation allows me to afford them.  I never purchased the Pro version because while they sound amazing they had a few limitations that kept me away.  First, you still need a sub to cover the first two bass octaves.  I didn't want to pair a direct radiating sub with a fully horn-loaded speaker and I don't have room for a horn sub where I'd want to put them.  Second, the stock HF driver rolls off too early for my liking and I didn't feel like purchasing and fiddling with a replacement.  Finally, even with the beauty panel the cosmetics aren't great.  Looking at the specs and pics of the Heritage Jubilee it appears that all those limitations are gone.

• Like 2

Well, congratulations on the upcoming Jubilees. I am sure that they will sound great. If they sound better than the current version, then that will be quite an achievement.

Just a couple of clarifications however regarding the current Jubilees (you referred to as the "pro" version). As of the 3rd week of April you could still buy them. The basic version (no veneer and no DSP) was available and selling in the mid $8K region (including shipping but sales tax depended on other things). The price mentioned above of being near $20K was a bit of salesmanship IMHO. That package, offered by just one of the dealers, included a DSP worth about $1200 and a limited amount of veneer (hardly a full cosmetic upgrade). I'll let you do the arithmetic.  Finally, this rumor of them not being available (first posted back at the beginning of Feb) was fiction. We are now in June and perhaps it is now true, but it certainly was not in Feb, March, and April (a few of us checked with other dealers as recently as the 3rd week of April and we compared our notes).

When the Jubilees first came out (about 15 years ago, or so) they were in the $7K-ish region. Many of us purchased them and I think all of us have been very happy with them. In all those years the price has only gone up about 15%. BTW, I doubt that Klipsch Inc was losing money on these over all those years.  Predictably, many of us have upgraded drivers on the tweeter since this is our nature. However I doubt that many of us had major objections to their sound. Jubilee owners tend to be pretty content. Even in stock form, they sound quite good. That is a real testament to their designer.  I find the bass to be more than adequate for music (perhaps not for home theater) and I hear nothing wrong with the top end (but maybe my ears are getting old)

I am done with my rant. 

-Tom

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Well, congratulations on the upcoming Jubilees. I am sure that they will sound great. If they sound better than the current version, then that will be quite an achievement.

Just a couple of clarifications however regarding the current Jubilees (you referred to as the "pro" version). As of the 3rd week of April you could still buy them. The basic version (no veneer and no DSP) was available and selling in the mid $8K region (including shipping but sales tax depended on other things). The price mentioned above of being near $20K was a bit of salesmanship IMHO. That package, offered by just one of the dealers, included a DSP worth about $1200 and a limited amount of veneer (hardly a full cosmetic upgrade). I'll let you do the arithmetic.  Finally, this rumor of them not being available (first posted back at the beginning of Feb) was fiction. We are now in June and perhaps it is now true, but it certainly was not in Feb, March, and April (a few of us checked with other dealers as recently as the 3rd week of April and we compared our notes).

When the Jubilees first came out (about 15 years ago, or so) they were in the $7K-ish region. Many of us purchased them and I think all of us have been very happy with them. In all those years the price has only gone up about 15%. BTW, I doubt that Klipsch Inc was losing money on these over all those years.  Predictably, many of us have upgraded drivers on the tweeter since this is our nature. However I doubt that many of us had major objections to their sound. Jubilee owners tend to be pretty content. Even in stock form, they sound quite good. That is a real testament to their designer.  I find the bass to be more than adequate for music (perhaps not for home theater) and I hear nothing wrong with the top end (but maybe my ears are getting old)

I am done with my rant. 

-Tom

Thanks.  I can't wait until they come out.

Irrespective of how the pricing was/is done for the pro version (I call it that because it was a product of the Klipsch Professional division), I would expect the new Heritage line version to be more expensive than the Klipschorn.  However, whether the "how much more" will be worth it to anyone other then myself I can't say.

With regard to availability of the pro version, I never said anything about that.  My understanding that the last production run was done about a month or so ago.  I know that @Paducah Home Theater posted on Facebook about shipping out his last ones I think about a week ago.  So, there may be existing stock out there but unless someone's been lying once those are gone that's it.

My nit picking about the performance of the pro version came from my listening experience at the Chief Bonehead's speaker class back in 2019 where we got an extended listening session conducted by the Roy himself.  The bass was the cleanest I'd ever heard but it didn't seem to extend much into the first two octaves (16Hz, 32Hz octaves).  Whether that's important for music will depend on the type of music you listen to.  I listen to a lot of classical and jazz in addition to rock/pop.  For classical/jazz with string bass, piano, orchestra, organ and more, you need coverage in those first two octaves to my ears.  At the other end I found the top end with the stock driver lacking the extension and sparkle that I get from my Palladiums.  None of this was egregious but it was just enough to want to stick with my P-39F + subs as my primary music speakers at the time.  I'm gambling from what I've seen in the preliminary spec sheet and the video for the Heritage version that Roy has fixed these.  🤞