Need help on matching receiver to 600m

Taffesbroodje

Hey guys,

My parents-in-law are looking into buying a stereo set for at home, I recommended the 600m because they are nice and not too big. What is a good receiver too pair up with it.

They don't want it to be big and bulky, I have the denon avr-1400h for example and they find that too big.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

On 1/11/2021 at 8:05 PM, Shakeydeal said:

Why even buy a receiver?  That's mostly junk.

Buy a quality integrated amplifier. List your budget and requirements and we can surely help.

Shakey

I'm quite new to audio in general, would a integrated amplifier be able to do Bluetooth etc. It's supposed to be a one for all kind of setup. They are not audiophiles in any way so I'm guessing it shouldn't be too expensive. I'm setting the max to 400 euro's(we live in the Netherlands) but I'm guessing less would be ideal for them.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:12 PM, jimjimbo said:

Totally depends on what they want to do with it.  Movies, music, radio, streaming?

Sorry for not mentioning this! It would be all that minus the radio. It's just going to be in the living room, so for music and movies. I'm sure music is way more important though since they don't watch movies all that much.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:33 PM, wuzzzer said:

Marantz pairs well with Klipsch.  They make a few models of slim line receivers that should work really well.  

Check out http://www.accessories4less.com and search for Marantz.  They always have excellent deals. 

Which model would you recommend? Unfortunately buying outside of the Netherlands is way to expensive due to all kinds of taxes when shipping from another country.

Thanks for responding! (sorry it took so long for me to respond)

Paul

2 hours ago, Taffesbroodje said:

Which model would you recommend? Unfortunately buying outside of the Netherlands is way to expensive due to all kinds of taxes when shipping from another country. 

Sorry, didn't realize you were outside the US.

Really, any Marantz slimline receiver within the budget will work great.  I'm not sure how to look up how much one of them is in euros, though, so I'm not sure if any would be available under 400 euros. 

May a little support from a neighbour country member ?  I´ll recommend the Marantz PM 6005 for the Klipsch RP 600M . This will be a fine match up. Here in Germany the PM 6005 is about 469 € and as usual you´ll get in cheaper in the Netherlands as germany is a quit expensive area in terms of audio customer end prices. Sure you´ll find a hifi dealer in the netherland buying this model as exhibition peace with full warranty for less than 400 € .

Ik hoop echt dat mijn informatie u zal helpen. Beste groeten uit Duitsland