Walnut Super Heresys (Hersey 1) 600.00 SOLD

joessportster

Bought these recently and my Son wanted the receiver in his bedroom. I played these and they sound great but I have no SPACE to use them. So anyone looking for Super Hersey I am at 28351 North Carolina These can be shipped safely IMHO but it wont be cheap.

Serial #s 52S231, and 52S232 (1978)

Super Heresy 1.5

Top of the line K55V SOLDER TERMINAL DUAL PHASE PLUG mid drivers.  Heavy cast K-700 horns.  New driver to horn gaskets.

New Crites CT-125 Tweeters

Eminence Kappalite 3012HO Neo Woofers out of the S H 2 plans

Crossover with ClarityCaps in all positions, Erse 2.5mH woofer inductor, Type B crossover that is required for the S H.

Cabinet is acoustic eggcrate foam lined as called for in the design.  Rear ports installed with Liquid Nails, sealed with 100% silicone.

Pretty sure these were built by our own Jim

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I may have built them, but not with that woofer.

Expensive a$$ woofers at 210.00 each new.  I think this was updated to be more the Super Hersey II But I dont keep up with all that. If I had a space / place to use them I would when placed on a 12" stand the image like mad and sound really nice

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 6:36 PM, jimjimbo said:

I may have built them, but not with that woofer.

You did,

I did the woofers.

GLWYS!

*Joe they didn't cost that much three years ago!

Edited by JohnJ

9 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Whoever might be considering these, I will tell you that the imaging of the speakers is absolutely remarkable. Actually some of the best I have ever heard and I’ve heard a lot.

Never put them side by side with the Forte IIIs, but angled up and adjusted in the corners of an appx 28x24 room with a 17' vaulted ceiling they accomplished what @ClaudeJ1 intended. They produce a large spacious sound. If I wasn't downsizing they would still be here.

Just now, JohnJ said:

Never put them side by side with the Forte IIIs, but angled up and adjusted in the corners of an appx 28x24 room with a 17' vaulted ceiling they accomplished what @ClaudeJ1 intended. They produce a large spacious sound. If I wasn't downsizing they would still be here.

And I just sent Joe a PM. I have a need to match my Walnut Pair. What goes around comes around, I guess!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Whoever might be considering these, I will tell you that the imaging of the speakers is absolutely remarkable. Actually some of the best I have ever heard and I’ve heard a lot.

Are you speaking of that specific pair, or of Super Heresys in general?

Let me just tell you @ClaudeJ1 the mid to high end on those resemble La Scalas. Blew my old H IIs away except for the impactful part due to the port.

& I did not even consider dialing them back internally.

Not joking.

But before anyone jumps I did say "resembles".

15 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I don't know what you mean by this part of your comments.

Surprised Mr. Man!

After having the H2s for almost thirty years I knew what they sounded like, the Supers were better than my old ones.

A component on the x-over had different places to connect the wiring that could dial up or back the dbs on the tweeter, positive you'd know about that. There are diagrams at this site or somewhere to that. The very good imaging was due in part to this I think. A sealed box Heresy will hit you with the cannons in the 1512 1812 Overture, a ported box speaker isn't the same. Improved bass response over that era's Heresy is obvious. Mid-bass sounded better with those newer woofers from your SH2 plans.

Edited by JohnJ
Thanks @DizRotus

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Surprised Mr. Man!

After having the H2s for almost thirty years I knew what they sounded like, the Supers were better than my old ones.

A component on the x-over had different places to connect the wiring that could dial up or back the dbs on the tweeter, positive you'd know about that. There are diagrams at this site or somewhere to that. The very good imaging was due in part to this I think. A sealed box Heresy will hit you with the cannons in the 1512 Overture, a ported box speaker isn't the same. Improved bass response over that era's Heresy is obvious. Mid-bass sounded better with those newer woofers from your SH2 plans.

Thanks for the more detailed description. When I do mods, I like to hear the opinion of others' ears and experiences. Although, I have yet to hear of any negative comments.  As long as the builders follow a reasonably close execution of the original recipes, I'm pretty sure I will not hear any negative opinions in the future.

• Like 1