Chorus ii woofer required.

Audio28

3 hours ago, Audio28 said:

Hey everyone - this is my first post.  I hope it's to the right area!

I poked a hole in one of my Chorus ii woofers and am looking to replace it.  Can anybody help, please?

Best regards,

Mark.

just repair the hole and carry on. A Chorus woofer is the same woofer used in a Chorus ll.

• Like 1

Wow.  Thanks for the responses everyone.  This site must have quite a following!  I've included an image.  The cone is now making cracking noises at `moderate' levels.

I'm thinking the recone kit is the way.

EpicKlipshFan:  thanks for the link.

billybob - thanks for the tip.   I'm actually thinking about something a bit bigger.  Kp450 or larger.  :)

moray james - yeah, I suspected they were the same.  This journey started with me as a 15yr old being amazed by the Chorus 1s.  There's something raw about that vented box. :)

RandyH000 - thanks for the K48 specification and possible source.  I'm toying with building something myself with two or three of these woofers per channel - maybe that's the source for my beast.  

Thanks everyone!

Audio28.

chorusIIWoofer.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Audio28 said:

Wow.  Thanks for the responses everyone.  This site must have quite a following!  I've included an image.  The cone is now making cracking noises at `moderate' levels.

I'm thinking the recone kit is the way.

EpicKlipshFan:  thanks for the link.

billybob - thanks for the tip.   I'm actually thinking about something a bit bigger.  Kp450 or larger.  :)

moray james - yeah, I suspected they were the same.  This journey started with me as a 15yr old being amazed by the Chorus 1s.  There's something raw about that vented box. :)

RandyH000 - thanks for the K48 specification and possible source.  I'm toying with building something myself with two or three of these woofers per channel - maybe that's the source for my beast.  

Thanks everyone!

Audio28.

chorusIIWoofer.jpg

ouch!  thats a big hole. yeah i think the recone kit is the best option, replaces the voice coil too. or keep your eye out for a used one but they dont show up too often.  shipping will be about $30 each way so if you are crafty it might be worth a try to do yourself & save $$. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

you can repair it if its not too bad... but they make recone kits if it cant be repaired, simply speakers sells the recone kits & will even install them for you for a decent price. 

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/klipsch-speaker-recone-kit-k48-k-rk-klpk-48-k.html

Voice coil is 8 ohm on this recone kit. Please ask for 4 ohm version.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...