The Ultimate RC Car Race

Ceptorman

Interesting read.  Penske is making changes and will continue to do so enhancing his investment.  Going to be crazy this year after looking at that release and seeing the date changed from the month of May to August?  Wise move w/Covid still out there imo. 

Driverless cars?  Ummm OK.  Guess it will give the kids something to work on til they start hitting walls and other cars.  Pretty pricey game.  lol

It is going to be interesting to see how the situational analysis around each individual car is going to take place. I mean if they are programed to avoid contact, wont it just turn into a procession... and if they are programed to over take, isn't that just collusion?

19 hours ago, JJkizak said:

What to look forward to? Two drivers (Remote control operators) fighting it out on the sidelines saying my software is better than your software.

JJK

They aren't remote controlled, and me calling them RC was actually wrong also. They are programs, and they are in a 1 million dollar car capable over going 200 mph. 

I hope it's not just a parade but they actually race. I still think a human can race better.

• Moderators

A little off topic, I watched a bunch of videos yesterday of people being driven around a course by a professional racer, all different kinds of cars but it's really funny. People have no idea of what it's like in a race car. Many different types of cars. 

This is just one of them

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 12:19 PM, dtel said:

A little off topic, I watched a bunch of videos yesterday of people being driven around a course by a professional racer, all different kinds of cars but it's really funny. People have no idea of what it's like in a race car. Many different types of cars. 

This is just one of them

I see steel all around   ,  helmets , Nomex  suits , the driver is wearing a full face helmet , but the passenger is not even wearing eye protection -