Cinema 600 and Frontier Fios Remote Issue

jjdeutsch

Hello.  First post here... Hope someone can help.

Got a Cinema 600 recently and am very happy with the sound.  The remote works fine.

The problem I'm having is that my cable remote for my Frontier Fios will adjust the volume of the soundbar.  I don't just mean the volume buttons.  I'll be using the directional arrows on the cable to navigate the channel guide, for example, and my Cinema 600 volume with change as I press the button.

The Frontier remote is set to work with my Sharp TV, but I had no interest in in working with the Klipsch soundbar.

Any ideas?  

Thanks!  : )

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue with my spectrum cable remote changing my cinema 600 volume.  I haven't found a way to resolve the issue completely, but I found a workaround that has lessened my irritation.

After adjusting the volume I press the LED button several times.  Now when my cable remote interferes with my soundbar it changes the LED setting instead of the volume.  This may work for you as well. 

If anyone knows of an actual fix please reply...

Thanks.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:58 PM, jjdeutsch said:

The problem I'm having is that my cable remote for my Frontier Fios will adjust the volume of the soundbar.

I suggest you open a case with Klipsch Tech Support. They are the ones most likely to know what might be happening,

• 2 months later...

I’ve been having the same issue with the verizon FIOS remote where it turns to Cinema 600 volume way up or down depending on when we fast forward or rewind. Any other ideas to fix this? Can’t believe it’s not an issue for everyone.

@MCC67 @D.J. @jjdeutsch

I can see where this could be annoying. 😞

Here's a couple of suggestions:

1. Separate the soundbar and the other device from each other as much as possible so that the other device's remote is not pointing at the soundbar when you use it.
  2. If that doesn't work, try to find a universal remote for the FIOS/other device. Maybe you can find one with a more focused infrared beam that won't affect the soundbar.

I know these aren't the perfect solutions you were hoping for but they may help.

• 3 months later...
On 1/12/2021 at 6:58 PM, jjdeutsch said:

Hello.  First post here... Hope someone can help.

Got a Cinema 600 recently and am very happy with the sound.  The remote works fine.

The problem I'm having is that my cable remote for my Frontier Fios will adjust the volume of the soundbar.  I don't just mean the volume buttons.  I'll be using the directional arrows on the cable to navigate the channel guide, for example, and my Cinema 600 volume with change as I press the button.

The Frontier remote is set to work with my Sharp TV, but I had no interest in in working with the Klipsch soundbar.

Any ideas?  

Thanks!  : )

I figured out what to do. I programmed the soundbar to a remote control of a tv i dont use. ( borrow one if need to)  now it doesn't respond to my Sony remote! Or my Verizon fios remote 

• 11 months later...

I'm having the same problem with cinema 800 and Verizon fios remote. I have started a conversation with Klipsch all they said is Verizon remote not configured correctly. I never programmed it to work with sound bar. Also my sound bar turns on by itself in the middle of the night between the hours of 1am and 330am.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am having the same problem with my Frontier remote and Cinema 800. 

Not sure how to reprogram the Klipsch soundbar remote to work with a different (unused) tv remote. Can anyone explain those steps? 

Does anyone have more info on what Klipsch support means by the Frontier remote is not programmed correctly or how to fix it?