Information on Heresy Speakers please

Franko

I have a question if anyone can help. I have a set of Klipsch speakers from I think 1970. They have been in the family since new. The TYPE is H-000 and the SERIAL is 655034. Can anyone tell me any and all information about them and a possible idea of how much they are worth. Not looking to sell.

16 hours ago, Franko said:

I have a question if anyone can help. I have a set of Klipsch speakers from I think 1970. They have been in the family since new. The TYPE is H-000 and the SERIAL is 655034. Can anyone tell me any and all information about them and a possible idea of how much they are worth. Not looking to sell.

I believe those are Heresy oiled oak from 1978. The condition and location has a big impact on the price. @wvu80 has a spreadsheet and keeps track of used Klipsch prices. 

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:
21 hours ago, Franko said:

I have a question if anyone can help. I have a set of Klipsch speakers from I think 1970. They have been in the family since new.

The TYPE is H-000

and the SERIAL is 655034. Can anyone tell me any and all information about them and a possible idea of how much they are worth. Not looking to sell.

I believe those are Heresy oiled oak from 1978. The condition and location has a big impact on the price. @wvu80 has a spreadsheet and keeps track of used Klipsch prices. 

It looks like you guys solved all the mysteries.  H-00 isHeresy Oiled Oak.  The s/n is 65 H 034.  The H is for 1978.

Heresy's in Good condition go for $400 all day long.

23 hours ago, Franko said:

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

It looks like you guys solved all the mysteries.  H-00 isHeresy Oiled Oak.  The s/n is 65 H 034.  The H is for 1978.

Heresy's in Good condition go for $400 all day long.

Could a moderator please move these posts from the OP's FS thread. They do not belong here.

@dwilawyer

@dtel

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 3:35 PM, Franko said:

These Speakers would confirm as Heresy 1978 -

-Round Alnico magnet k77 Tweeters -metal horn -

-K55V  midrange driver -K700 metal horn -

-K22E  woofer 12 inch - 

Crossover is the E network - with  metal PIO cans -

-cabinets are Plywood with a Birch ply with an Oak oiled veneer -  components are mounted from the inside of the cabinet -back panel is removable with screws -

-speakers may have a riser base , either slanted or non-slanted or none -

-grilles can be Duracrest black or Cane  fabric  with velcro -

-Badges are copper ---either Lazer logo  , but most likely the klipsch/PWK etched black lettering script logo  that started in 1978 -

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
On 4/6/2021 at 11:20 PM, Daddio951 said:

Looking for any information on my Klipsch Heresy speakers. 

SN# 71S208 & 71S320

Type H•WO 

Cloth# 17 

Thanks

Also, current value $

Welcome to the Forum. You will have some quick answers. For the value you will need to post some photos and your general location. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 12:20 AM, Daddio951 said:

Looking for any information on my Klipsch Heresy speakers. 

SN# 71S208 & 71S320

Type H•WO 

Cloth# 17 

Thanks

Also, current value $

same as above -but higher value--as they are Walnut oiled   at least 600$ or more depending on the condition --

These Speakers would confirm as Heresy 1978 -

-Round Alnico magnet k77 Tweeters -metal horn -

-K55V  midrange driver -K700 metal horn -

-K22E  woofer 12 inch - 

Crossover is the E network - with  metal PIO cans -

-cabinets are Plywood with a Birch ply with an Oak oiled veneer -  components are mounted from the inside of the cabinet -back panel is removable with screws -

-speakers may have a riser base , either slanted or non-slanted or none -

-grilles can be Duracrest black or Cane  fabric  with velcro -

-Badges are copper ---either Lazer logo  , but most likely the klipsch/PWK etched black lettering script logo  that started in 1978 -

•  

8 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Welcome to the Forum. You will have some quick answers. For the value you will need to post some photos and your general location. 

I’m located in SoCal, Riverside County. 

And as for loading pictures the 2MB limit won’t let me post even a single one!

• 3 months later...

I have a pair of old klipspch speakers with the numbers 104 u 361 and one with 104 u 351stamped on the back of the speakers.  Can someone tells me what this means?  Thank you.  Bruce   Brookfield,  Vermont

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

Edited by Bruce2000
Pictures

7 hours ago, Bruce2000 said:

Thank you , But I still don't understand the first three numbers  104 & the last three numbers  361.... I cannot find them.  The U is 1980,...Could you please help?  Thanks   Bruce

It's in the thread I linked. 

Screenshot_20210710-220458_Chrome.jpg