Should I go with new RP-402s or old RP-250s

Hi All,

I have a dedicated homecinema in my basement 4m wide and 7m long, with a 3,2m wide x 1,8m highscreen on the 4m wall.

I'm only a click away from buying new Klipsch speakers, but i'm in doubt of which surrounds speakers to choose.

I have a 7.1 setup with a Sony STR-DN1080 and i own a R-25c centerspeaker.

The front speakers I will buy is RP-280F's and then I will buy 2 x RP-160m's as rear.

My question is which of these two surround speakers should I buy:

RP-402s premiere II brand new but slightly more expensive

or RP-250s Piano black which has never been used and is still boxed but more than two years since he has purchased them.

Which will fit my room and the other Klipsch the best?

I really appriciate your inputs as I'm on unknown grounds here 

Best regards 

Thomas

Edited by Thomas Newbie from Denmark

3 hours ago, Thomas Newbie from Denmark said:

I really appriciate your inputs as I'm on unknown grounds here 

Best regards 

Thomas

The Heritage Series are the creme de la creme -------Heresy-Forte -Chorus Cornwall-LaScala-khorn-Jubilee ,  given how long they last and the Original klipsch sound Signature ,  any one of these and no matter the age would be my first option ,  even if they would need a bit of work -

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

The Heritage Series are the creme de la creme -------Heresy-Forte -Chorus Cornwall-LaScala-khorn-Jubilee ,  given how long they last and the Original klipsch sound Signature ,  any one of these and no matter the age would be my first option ,  even if they would need a bit of work -

He's only asking about what side surrounds to use for his Reference Premiere theater. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

The 250s will give a fuller sound with their larger woofers.  They're less expensive and are from the same series as your other speakers so I'd go with those. 

Thank You very much Wuzzzer - I will buy the RP-250s then 🙂

Do you think the R25C which I allready have is okay for this setup or do I need to upgrade that one?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

The 250s will give a fuller sound with their larger woofers.  They're less expensive and are from the same series as your other speakers so I'd go with those. 

20 minutes ago, Thomas Newbie from Denmark said:

Thank You very much Wuzzzer - I will buy the RP-250s then 🙂

Do you think the R25C which I allready have is okay for this setup or do I need to upgrade that one?

Would I be able to hear difference from a Klipsch RP-250C and the R-25C

or is the R-25C which I already have be just as good ?

I have just received a good offer for for a RP-250C.

1 hour ago, Thomas Newbie from Denmark said:

Would I be able to hear difference from a Klipsch RP-250C and the R-25C

or is the R-25C which I already have be just as good ?

I have just received a good offer for for a RP-250C.

Only one way to tell!  I have no personal experience with the newest Klipsch but most everyone who has says the Reference Premiere line is a definite step up in overall quality and sound. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2021 at 11:45 AM, OO1 said:

I know this is old, but let's not Quartet and Academy, perfectly timbrel match.   I still prefer my Chorus II, but I don't have a sub.