REDOING 1981 HERESYS IN MOTTLED EUCALYPTUS VENEER

longdrive03

GOT THIS PAIR OF CONSECUTIVE SN H'S A FEW WEEKS AGO.  ORGINALLY RAW BIRCH PLY SERIAL NUMBERS 114W708 AND 709 WITH K22R WOOFERS, K55V DRIVERS, K77M TWEETERS AND TYPE 3 CROSSOVERS WITH LATER BLACK POLY/MYLAR? CAPS (WHICH I WILL REPLACE WITH SONICAPS).  

I  shot new screws into all joints, filled recessed screw holes  with filler, installed front to back and side to side bracing, cut off the front edges flush, installed neo magnets on front, veneered front with mottled eucalyptus, installed new front edges veneered with mottled eucalyptus then applied veneer on  sides and top on one cabinet so far.  Have 4 coats of wipe on poly of first cabinet.  I think the bracing will help keep the back panel vibration down.  also plan to install more screws on the back  panel.  White Klipsch label still on the backs which I am not changing.    Will post pics when I get my laptop working properly.

Longdrive03

1 hour ago, longdrive03 said:

Thank I’ll consider those. 

longdrive03

Tell you what, as a fellow 81 Heresy owner if you want the Sonicaps you can have them for free, just pay Priority Mail shipping of $9 and they're yours.  Just to verify, it'll be four 2uf Sonicaps for two Heresy Type E networks. 

I'll be getting my new caps Saturday so I won't be able to mail the Sonicaps until early next week.

🍺

P.s.  I'm only providing this offer for longdrive03.  All you other cheapskates can get lost.  😅

• Like 1