I could use some suggestions on shipping

Frozmeister

Hi guys,

I am getting ready to put up for sale a pair of Walnut RF-7 ii and the matching RC-64 ii center channel.  The Cornwall iii speakers won the "sounds best" contest! :)   I have the pallet they came on and the original boxes, so getting them ready to ship is no issue.  My question is about the actual shipping.  I have never shipped anything like this and was wondering if any of you can suggest which freight company I should use for the best value and least chance of trouble.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Frozmeister said:

Hi guys,

I am getting ready to put up for sale a pair of Walnut RF-7 ii and the matching RC-64 ii center channel.  The Cornwall iii speakers won the "sounds best" contest! :)   I have the pallet they came on and the original boxes, so getting them ready to ship is no issue.  My question is about the actual shipping.  I have never shipped anything like this and was wondering if any of you can suggest which freight company I should use for the best value and least chance of trouble.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Sure.  Uship.  You will need to put together the height, width, length and weight of the shipment and then ask for bids from individual contractors with Uship.  You'll need to create an account, but no big deal.  It's straightforward.  Oh, and take the insurance.....just to be safe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mustangerfourlife said:

It all depends on what you want or need? It ask when you put in for a quote  when you want it picked up? It dose not cost anything to get quotes at least not the last time i used them.

I created an account but haven't had am opportunity to actually use the service yet. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Jeepnmon said:

For those that have used Uship, how long has it taken to get a bid and get the item on its way to the buyer? 

It depends on the sellers/buyers location, and the items being shipped.   Normally get a bid within 48hrs out to 3-4 days.  Patience.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 7:27 AM, Jeepnmon said:

For those that have used Uship, how long has it taken to get a bid and get the item on its way to the buyer? 

When I’ve used uShip I got bids immediately. The longer you wait it gets cheaper and people undercut each other. It’s like ebay but backwards lol. I advise you list them locally and save yourself a big headache. They’ll sell. The cost and risk of shipping speakers like that kills the deal for most.