Too much transparency?

VDS

10 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Sounds like the Bose wave radio is the answer. 

The RB 61-IIs I used as front mains did the trick as do the Ohm Tall 2000 which I use currently. With any luck a pair of Cornwall IVs ( or perhaps 5s at that point), may see me out as a retirement gift to myself in  5 years.

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
7 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Chief, you actually agreed with many of @artto sentiments when you (or someone you know) posted a digital cut from a studio in Dallas. Some similar comments were made about how this, or that, was done during mastering. Michael mentioned that the "this" and the "that" that was speculated to have occured don't happen in mastering (and they don't). You specifically mentioned that the recording needing NOTHING. 

Let’s make sure that we get our semantics straight. That recording need nothing. It was recorded to let the music be imprinted like you were there 

so there are very well recorded tracks. And don’t need anything. Some tracks are recorded in high resolution but the track was recorded poorly; highly compressed for example. 

and like I said in the video “God bless good recording engineers”....

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

Some tracks are recorded in high resolution but the track was recorded poorly; highly compressed for example. 

I've noticed that some "stems" (collections of like instruments, such as brass, choirs, or strings recorded together and mixed into a single or stereo stream) are very over-compressed, while listening to some music tracks during demastering.  I note that this results in a "new sound" that isn't really brass or strings, etc., but something else.  This appears to be a music production ethic in order to push down the sound of the instruments and voices into the background.  This can only be done on a mixing table or at recording time (somewhere between the microphones and the original digital or tape recording machine. 

Chris

• 1 month later...