Double check my plan please

Bee Bazaar

Hello all,

let me start by saying that I'm not an audiophile that feels the need to upgrade my equipment as soon as a new flavor comes out.  I do however appreciate a great theater exp.  I have a decent setup currently I feel with my Plasma from years ago and manageable Onkyo sound and receiver.  I've been pleased with them  - esp my plasma; but I'm getting ready to upgrade and I plan on this being my set up for another decade.  I bought an LG OLED CX 77".  I'm not so up-to-date with the new tech and I'd like to be current for "today" as much as possible with my sound to match my TV.  

My living room is open, with a vaulted ceiling on one side and my TV will almost sit directly under the area where the vault starts.  so I'm not sure Atmos will be right as half the sound will be vaulted room.  The other side is open to the dining room and then kitchen.  The room is prob 20' TV to couch then 40' wide, however the TV will sit close to the middle of the 40'.  Nice open room for entertaining, not so much home theater maybe.  But from what I've read, Atmos up firing speakers prob aren't my best option, which is fine.

So I'm looking at these as my sound:

Marantz SR5012 7.2 Receiver

Klipsch 7.2 "package" which includes:

2x RP-8000F fronts; 1x RP--404C Center; 4x RP-500M surround; 2x SPL--120 Subs.

I want to make sure this will be current with bells and whistles while still being manageable price wise.  Im ok to upgrade within reason, but i don't want a receiver that is twice the price or speakers that are twice the price.  Those speakers are $3500.  Klipsch has another 7.2 package that was like $8500, which is out of the question.

Will this get me done and still be top notch for me?  I think I have eArc covered and 4k/120hz.  is there anything else that would be strongly recommended?  am i way off?

Thanks All!

3 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

If your main speakers are going to be RP-8000s you'll want the RP-504C center. 

Yes, that's a nice upgrade if it's in the budget. Upgrading to 15" subs would help in that large room. 

Welcome.....and that would be a fantastic system, especially those RP8000s.

13 hours ago, Bee Bazaar said:

Hello all,

let me start by saying that I'm not an audiophile that feels the need to upgrade my equipment as soon as a new flavor comes out.  I do however appreciate a great theater exp.  I have a decent setup currently I feel with my Plasma from years ago and manageable Onkyo sound and receiver.  I've been pleased with them  - esp my plasma; but I'm getting ready to upgrade and I plan on this being my set up for another decade.  I bought an LG OLED CX 77".  I'm not so up-to-date with the new tech and I'd like to be current for "today" as much as possible with my sound to match my TV.  

My living room is open, with a vaulted ceiling on one side and my TV will almost sit directly under the area where the vault starts.  so I'm not sure Atmos will be right as half the sound will be vaulted room.  The other side is open to the dining room and then kitchen.  The room is prob 20' TV to couch then 40' wide, however the TV will sit close to the middle of the 40'.  Nice open room for entertaining, not so much home theater maybe.  But from what I've read, Atmos up firing speakers prob aren't my best option, which is fine.

So I'm looking at these as my sound:

Marantz SR5012 7.2 Receiver

Klipsch 7.2 "package" which includes:

2x RP-8000F fronts; 1x RP--404C Center; 4x RP-500M surround; 2x SPL--120 Subs.

I want to make sure this will be current with bells and whistles while still being manageable price wise.  Im ok to upgrade within reason, but i don't want a receiver that is twice the price or speakers that are twice the price.  Those speakers are $3500.  Klipsch has another 7.2 package that was like $8500, which is out of the question.

Will this get me done and still be top notch for me?  I think I have eArc covered and 4k/120hz.  is there anything else that would be strongly recommended?  am i way off?

Thanks All!

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

If your main speakers are going to be RP-8000s you'll want the RP-504C center. 

I dont know the price differences between a rp-504c and a rp-404c in your country, but if the difference is doable, then by all means upgrade. However, rest assured the rp-404c is a good match for your rp-8000f. Having a rp-504c isnt obligatory in any way if you have 8000f as fronts.  

Other than that, your plans seems quite solid. 

6 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

I dont know the price differences between a rp-504c and a rp-404c in your country, but if the difference is doable, then by all means upgrade. However, rest assured the rp-404c is a good match for your rp-8000f. Having a rp-504c isnt obligatory in any way if you have 8000f as fronts.  

Other than that, your plans seems quite solid. 

The RP404c must be a good speaker, it's the center Klipsch recommends in all of the top tier RP8000f systems, except one. The only system Klipsch actually recommends using the RP504c is the Atmos RP8060fa system, it has four RP8060fa speakers and two 15" subs!

do the numbers indicate anything specific to the specs?  or ios 504C just a next generation of the 404C?

Does klipsch actually put these systems together to sell as a package?  I was under the impression that the retailer did that.  The 504C is comparable in price per speaker, the issue is the package is like 1300 cheaper than buying individually.  Is there a place that will "make packages" based on what you need / want and put a discount on it?

I'm anxious to see what the difference is sound is.  I know my current set up wasn't really up to par from the get go, even then.  This will be the 1st real theater sound Ive had at home!

The difference between the RP504c and RP404c is the 504 uses four 5.25" woofers, a 404c uses four 4" speakers. They are both current generation.

Klipsch does put together home theater packages, there are numerous versions, and the system you picked out is towards the top. I'm not sure where you're located, these might not be available, but here is the home theater section of their online ad....https://www.klipsch.com/home-theater-systems

I will say....I don't know what your current HT system is, but the one you listed here will sound wonderful. The room will dictate what the sound is, but it's a great start. There are lots of things in your room that affect the sound, windows, wood floors, open spaces, and especially placement. Sometimes just a small change like adding a rug on top of a wood floor can dramatically affect the sound.

why does the 

49 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

The RP404c must be a good speaker, it's the center Klipsch recommends in all of the top tier RP8000f systems, except one. The only system Klipsch actually recommends using the RP504c is the Atmos RP8060fa system, it has four RP8060fa speakers and two 15" subs!

why are there 4 front speakers?  This package is twice the price also lol but just curious

7 hours ago, Bee Bazaar said:

why does the 

why are there 4 front speakers?  This package is twice the price also lol but just curious

I guess it's an option for someone in a huge room, and wanted it all to match. There are quite a few people on here with five matching speakers.

59 minutes ago, Bee Bazaar said:

looking at this.... I think if I wait for sales and stuff and piece it together. I can get the SPL-150's & RP504c and for less than the price of the package.  Is there a consensus best place to shop?   I was looking on slickdeals and there can be decent deals.

That all depends on your location. There is a member on here that is also a Klipsch dealer, he has excellent prices and service. 

I talked to a local place yesterday.  He is a dealer of Antham, D&M, Klipsch and Paradigm.  He is pretty adamant that Paradigm are a better choice for me.  But he also says he will sell me Klipsch iof I want, but for comparable money to go paradigm.  He is obviously a Paradigm fan, people here are obviously Klipsch fans.  Whats it mean when he says the Klipsch are "too bright"  I see that alot...

for me, going from my current set up to either of these will be a huge difference.  But am I going to be able to tell a difference between the klipsch and the paradigm?  will i be able to tell a difference between the entry levels or the mid level?

Most my listening will be movies and sports (NFL / UFC)  maybe 5 - 10% music, though that could change with the new system being BlueTooth.... (for what that's worth)