Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
ClaudeJ1

Good Laugh for Klipsch Fans

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

 

WTF???

 

Translation, Well, Tell Fellow...

It's about the high cost of a bunch of used, OVERPIRCED Direct Radiator "distortion generators," alons with overpriced "high end" electronics and speaker cables, even and AC power cord for $1,500. Hence the laugh. If it's true that a fool and his money are soon parted, there's a whole bunch of them trying to get rid of their mistakes and pass them onto other fools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a site for buying and selling used audio gear. What's the problem? So if you don't agree with what someone chooses to spend their $$ on, they are fools?

 

There is a whole other world of audio out there that doesn't include "pro" amps, five channel receivers, equalizers and zip cord. Some might think that stuff foolish......

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

It's about the high cost of a bunch of used, OVERPIRCED Direct Radiator "distortion generators," alons with overpriced "high end" electronics and speaker cables, even and AC power cord for $1,500. Hence the laugh. If it's true that a fool and his money are soon parted, there's a whole bunch of them trying to get rid of their mistakes and pass them onto other fools.

 

A couple of hours I ordered there a brand new power cord for $ 2.000 only . It defnetly will impove the soundstage of my amp

 

IMG-20191206-WA0006.thumb.jpg.98cc4b334dc9ed374dd9f532cf7fffc1.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That´s a good lough for Klipsch Fans

 

593616864_derverarmteaudiophile2.jpg.31c0f9f08772f7ae620f2ce5b433dfe3.jpg

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

It's a site for buying and selling used audio gear. What's the problem? So if you don't agree with what someone chooses to spend their $$ on, they are fools?

 

There is a whole other world of audio out there that doesn't include "pro" amps, five channel receivers, equalizers and zip cord. Some might think that stuff foolish......

Your mileage and opinion may vary, as does mine. I just have a low tolerance for bovine sediment products like $15,000 US for a pair of speaker cables. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Your mileage and opinion may vary, as does mine. I just have a low tolerance for bovine sediment products like $15,000 US for a pair of speaker cables. 

 

But your OP made it appear that 15k speaker cables and such were all one could find on US Audio Mart. You paint with a very broad brush.

 

BTW, your "tolerance" for expensive items, audio related and otherwise, have no bearing on the market value of said items. The market will dictate that. I'm not a buyer of 15k speaker cables, but if someone is convinced they make an improvement in their enjoyment of music, who are we to judge?

 

Keep in mind there are many out there who would call you foolish for the amount of money you have spent for the sole enjoyment of listening to music.

 

It's all relative.

 

Shakey

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many of us chuckle at five digit $$$$$ cables and special stones that with proper placement “tune” your system but without the first site dedicated to used audio, AudioGon, and now USaudio I’m not sure where many of us would have found and/or been able to afford quality hi-end gear. Those sites have been a savior for the audio market where brick and mortar has disappeared. Or has brick and mortar disappeared because of these online sites? Chicken or the egg? Out of curiosity I still click the ads for $15K cables if only to see what they look like, no harm no foul. And I look at USaudio every day. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, richieb said:

Many of us chuckle at five digit $$$$$ cables and special stones that with proper placement “tune” your system but without the first site dedicated to used audio, AudioGon, and now USaudio I’m not sure where many of us would have found and/or been able to afford quality hi-end gear. Those sites have been a savior for the audio market where brick and mortar has disappeared. Or has brick and mortar disappeared because of these online sites? Chicken or the egg? Out of curiosity I still click the ads for $15K cables if only to see what they look like, no harm no foul. And I look at USaudio every day. 

I think most brick and mortar stores are gone because most people don’t care about customer service or quality anymore. That isn’t just the case for high end audio, that is the case for brick and mortar stores in general. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nickyboy6100 said:

I think most brick and mortar stores are gone because most people don’t care about customer service or quality anymore. That isn’t just the case for high end audio, that is the case for brick and mortar stores in general. 

 

 

Yep, even the rich are cheap now

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have CAM up here, CanuckAudioMart, the Canadian equivalent of US AudioMart.

 

And we have Kijiji up here, the Canadian equivalent of Craigslist. For some unexplainable reason Craigslist failed here...

 

Here’s the thing. The same item listed by a seller on Kijiji is usually HIGHER on CAM. 

 

There seems to be a misconception that a fool with more money is easier to fleece on a high brow forum?

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USA Audiomart also has $130,000 turntables - yikes - but it’s cool that stuff like that exists and I am sure there is someone who can hear the difference of a $1,000 and $130,000 turntable. I don’t know if I could.

 

I agree what people use their $$$$ for is nobody else’s business. Spend it if you have got it and have fun with those $20,000 speakers cables whoooohooo

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

 

But your OP made it appear that 15k speaker cables and such were all one could find on US Audio Mart. You paint with a very broad brush.

 

BTW, your "tolerance" for expensive items, audio related and otherwise, have no bearing on the market value of said items. The market will dictate that. I'm not a buyer of 15k speaker cables, but if someone is convinced they make an improvement in their enjoyment of music, who are we to judge?

 

Keep in mind there are many out there who would call you foolish for the amount of money you have spent for the sole enjoyment of listening to music.

 

It's all relative.

 

Shakey

 

 

I had met Dave Wilson at Axpona about 6 years ago in Chicago, he mentioned that he was like a little kid meeting a celebrity at the time he met PWK.

 

About a year and a half ago, I met the mother and son, owners of Wilson Audio since Dave passed away from Cancer. I also met, for the second time, Dan D'Agostino, formerly of Krell, who designed the $250,000 giant monobloc amps to drive the new XvX speaker/sub combo going for about $500,000. It was a party with free Micro Brews, Wine, and Designer Pizza from a truck in the parking lot. It was a first class affair, where we had to wait in line to be let into the closed door demo room in groups of 10 only.

 

They only played 4 demo songs to show off the speakers. I was able to sit in the second row slightly left of the sweet spot on the couch. The last song was played on a incredible looking 600 pound piece of (mostly) machined aluminum parts, called a Turntable. At $600,000, it was the most expensive single piece of the setup in a well designed and built sound room with all the diffuser/dampener materials you all have probably read about.

 

How did it sound? It was one of the best setups I ever heard. A great example of what could be accomplished in Audio with great recordings and speakers that can resolve them. From only 2 speakers and a big Subwoofer that was turned on and off as part of the demo, it was THE most exquisite sound reproduction I had ever heard in a demo. A year prior, in the same demo room in the same manner, I also heard a pair $15,000 speakers that sounded like crap and would have been trounced by a pair of Heresy IV's facing backwards against the front wall!! Heck, even as a Pro Photographer, I was impressed with the free product catalog they were giving out. I'm guessing they must have paid at least fifty bux apiece to produce them, let alone the price they paid the photographers. Nothing cheap about Wilson Audio!!

 

 

So, for people who can afford 1.35 million dollars plus sales tax, I can't imagine they would complain about having to spend another $15,000 for speaker cables as part of the package. Much like people who own a 20 million dollar private Jet Plane, never complain about the cost of fuel, when their idea of "Let's go out for dinner at our favorite Italian Restaurant" means a quick flight to Tuscanny, Italy! I have ZERO problem with any of it.

 

My original comment directed towards 99.99 percent of the people on this forum, with the possible exception of the 0.01 percent who could afford the Jet and the above described Million Plus TRUE "high end" system above do not frequent this forum.

 

The main reason for my OP was to get some of you to have a look there to see the going prices for Non-Klipsch speakers from all kinds of companies you never heard of, in order to appreciate a couple of things. 1) Relative to the rest of the world, Klipsch speakers are a real bargain NEW or Used (modded or not), and 2) The concept of "diminishing returns" is real and can be applied to any product for any dollar amount.

 

So, to those who may have misunderstood my intent:

 

 I have no problem for people who want to spend Tens of thousands for amplifiers, speakers, etc. but I'm pretty sure I'm also right about them not being as technically savvy in the process of opening their wallets.

 

I'm pretty sure that as many here who would agree with the IDEA that spending $15,000 on a pair of cables to drive a $6,000 pair of Cornwall IV's would probably seem utterly ridiculous, hence my further comment about the LAUGH.

 

As to my "tolerance" comment, I used the wrong word, unless you are talking about Measureable Tolerance, like all electrical components, of which copper wiring certainly qualifies as a plus or minus RLC value. In that context, I used the correct words for those who think in those terms........measureable instead of EMOTIONAL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was through Audiogon that I first discovered an online direction for all things audio.  I purchased almost everything off that site for quite some time.  Became interested in the speakers line- Von Schweikert-, which I later discovered had their base of operations in San Diego, which then led to an hour long listening session with the man himself, j Albert Von Schweikert at his factory.    He was not a fan of mainstream CD's and mostly played discs he made himself.  It was fun, just me and Al.😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fido said:

USA Audiomart also has $130,000 turntables - yikes - but it’s cool that stuff like that exists and I am sure there is someone who can hear the difference of a $1,000 and $130,000 turntable. I don’t know if I could.

 

I agree what people use their $$$$ for is nobody else’s business. Spend it if you have got it and have fun with those $20,000 speakers cables whoooohooo

I agree with your live and let live notion here. If I came off as being otherwise, it wasn't meant that way. I really don't care how much money people spend on the toys they enjoy. In the spirit of diminishing returns, that aspect of it should be self evident to all who own Klipsch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shiva said:

It was through Audiogon that I first discovered an online direction for all things audio.  I purchased almost everything off that site for quite some time.  Became interested in the speakers line- Von Schweikert-, which I later discovered had their base of operations in San Diego, which then led to an hour long listening session with the man himself, j Albert Von Schweikert at his factory.    He was not a fan of mainstream CD's and mostly played discs he made himself.  It was fun, just me and Al.😀

I have heard good things about his speakers, now one more from you. There lots of ways to move air and make good noise besides Klipsch, much like there are lots of brands of anything you want to like and buy. God bless America! I guess the bottom line is I was "picking on" cable guys mainly, but in a way, I do admire their marketing and sales skills, much like the old "selling refrigerators to Eskimos" expression! But I didn't want to leave out the possibility of someone finding a pair of $20,000 speakers to compare against their Klipsch RP600M's which have now replaced my KEF LS-50's as computer speakers on my desktop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

You paint with a very broad brush.

Yes, because the tiny brushes are too expensive and take too much time................LOL.

 

But it does serve to get more responses on the topic vs. being very specific with a lesser volume of responses. Obviously, more or less, everyone here cares about how much MONEY it costs to own your own Sonic illusions, called Audio.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure you could ,=------------1800 $ get you a Technics SL1200GR these days -, 1k$ does not get you very much in terms of a decent TT-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok - so go up to $2000 instead of $i,000 - that's a far cry from $130,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...