Input and Experience with Denon POA-8300

MC39693

I reviewed what I could find in the forum and elsewhere for first hand experience with a Denon POA-8300. If you have owned one I’d like to know their reliability, pros and cons and anything specific I should look for prior to purchasing one.

I am considering purchasing one to be center, and surround speaker amp in HT ... speakers will be Heresy and not sure yet re. Center channel but a Klipsch horn based speaker, similar efficiency and 8 ohm load.

Price seems good, I like the triple mono build, power should be sufficient. Room is 18 x 18 x 8.

Front L/R amp is a Luxman R-117. 

thanks for any input.

• Like 1

I have always been very fond of older Denon gear.  I have owned a POA-1500 amp, PMA-1080R integrated, PMA-700V integrated, PMA-757 integrated, PRA-1500 preamp, DCD-1500 CD player and a beastly DCD-3520 CD player.  All have been rock solid reliable, sweet sounding, and fast and punchy.

With these guts(monoblock topology), I see no reason not to consider the POA-8300.

Should I hold on to my Denon POA-8300 amps? | Home Theater Forum

Bill

• Like 1

@willland thanks for the note. That picture you provided is one I’ve reviewed, triple mono, copper chassis... looks good. I have owned Denon 1803, 2313 and 4300. They are all still running no problems. I’ve never owned the POA series so just want to be sure there isn’t some flaw I haven’t read about.

• Like 1