No Longer a Moderator

Mallette

For reasons that were stated but made no sense to me,  to me I was fired. That's fine as I've been doing this since 2005 and it's consumed time I don't have anymore but did it anyway as I love PWK and all his work, and I love so many of you. Really, all of you. Tried to be a very just and "moderate" Moderator. I HAVE kept my badge. I think I earned it. I think only a few have been here longer than I have and I will continue to participate here and in Pilgrimage and other events. All you guys I've had to step between in the ring are now at the tender mercies of the other mods...

Even in this thread I've in no way disparaged any Klipsch employee. 

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Mallette said:

For reason unknown to me I was fired. That's fine as I've been doing this since 2005 and it's consumed time I don't have anymore but did it anyway as I love PWK and all his work, and I love so many of you. Really, all of you. Tried to be a very just and "moderate" Moderator. I HAVE kept my badge. I think I earned it. I think only a few have been here longer than I have and I will continue to participate here and in Pilgrimage and other events. All you guys I've had to step between in the ring are now at the tender mercies of the other mods...

Dave

I'm glad you will continue to participate here.  I enjoy your posts.

I wonder why it was "reason unknown to me" ... I would think that "a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes."   I fully understand that Klipsch is free to do what it likes with its forum, but just "firing" someone as a moderator is puzzling. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, garyrc said:

I fully understand that Klipsch is free to do what it likes with its forum, but just "firing" someone as a moderator is puzzling. 

Agreed. But nothing was really stated. While I totally consider the present TOS to be something PWK would call "BS" on, I  have enforced it. Anyone who says I have not please tell me when it was and provide a link. 
Dave

• Like 1

I pretty much try to stay out of stuff like this but I have to say why have you started this thread..?

Is it to stir people up or what are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

This sounds like something that is between you and the others who make decisions and moderate this forum and IMHO should be handled in PMs instead of drawing others into something we have no way of knowing all the circumstances or even fully understanding the circumstances of why the decisions have been made.

miketn

• Like 3

Mallette no offense but  it should not be unknown to you from some of your recent post. This is a Klipsch forum not a general social media forum. Personally I believe Travis has done a lot to clean up this forum where it is not just for a few but for more newbie's to participate and post. I have been a lurker for many years without joining fearing attacks from some of the favored members who ruined it for anyone that disagreed with them. I think the changes the last few years are better for the Klipsch name and represents the company better. I could be wrong about Travis being the driving force for changes but I think I am right and I welcome the changes. Instead of posting to try and cause controversy by starting this thread just accept the change and contribute in a positive way in the future. In the future you welcome the change of not being a moderator. Naturally no one likes to be fired and they feel angry at first but it might be the best thing that has happened to you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Dave, you started a thread a couple weeks ago stating you were leaving the forum anyways.  You were done here (even though you're still here) so why fret over losing moderator status?

I agree, why even post this thread if you are leaving this forum. If you are leaving the forum why the shock of not being a moderator. Does not make sense Dave. Just politely accept the results of your post of leaving the forum and the consequences of it. 

3 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

I agree, why even post this thread if you are leaving this forum. If you are leaving the forum why the shock of not being a moderator. Does not make sense Dave. Just politely accept the results of your post of leaving the forum and the consequences of it. 

If you're not leaving the forum why post that you were?  Personally I hope you hang around but your posts of late have me scratching my (bald) head.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

I pretty much try to stay out of stuff like this but I have to say why have you started this thread..?

Is it to stir people up or what are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

This sounds like something that is between you and the others who make decisions and moderate this forum and IMHO should be handled in PMs instead of drawing others into something we have no way of knowing all the circumstances or even fully understanding the circumstances of why the decisions have been made.

miketn

Please read what I wrote. To quote LBJ "I will not run no will I accept my party's nomination for Moderator."

• Like 1

Ladies and gents, I certainly did not expect some of these posts.

I am not going anywhere unless banned. I love PWK and Klipsch & Associates. I am listening to Klipsch right now and hope I am doing so at the hour of my death. 

Dave

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1