No Longer a Moderator

Mallette

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Parrot was, IMO, an Internet bully.

Absolutely! So much fun! Newbies needed protection from him and as Moderator I gave it to them and warned him off. But you know I HATE safe zones and people need to toughen up. He was, in fact, a really nice guy. There are some internet bullies right in this thread...but they are actually nice guys in real life. Not my job to judge why they are different here. As moderator, my job was to simply keep the peace. 

1 minute ago, mikebse2a3 said:

absolutely agree..!!!

See my response. You guys have NO idea what Moderators deal with behind the scenes. What I went through with so many...including some on this thread...is why I am not at all unhappy being drummed out in disgrace. However, the ones left will not operate as I did so watch yourselves as I can't help you now.

8 minutes ago, Mallette said:

However, the ones left will not operate as I did so watch yourselves as I can't help you now.

All anyone has to do is use common sense and they will be fine and those that like to push the limits will be treated fairly IMHO whatever the results may be. 

miketn

6 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

All anyone has to do is use common sense and they will be fine and those that like to push the limits will be treated fairly IMHO whatever the results may be. 

miketn

The biggest problems are the grey areas and interpretation of the TOS along with members who are constantly trying to push the envelope.  It's a challenge.  There's also no set punishment for specific violations.  Everything is subjective which is why different moderators react differently to different issues.  Ideally moderators would ask opinions on the moderator page and at times come to a consensus as to how to handle specific issues.  I have no idea if that is still a practice or not.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Ideally moderators would ask opinions on the moderator page and at times come to a consensus as to how to handle specific issues.

That's history. Really mainly Eldon and Travis and subjectivity has been replaced with absolute and merciless application of the TOS. Both  nice guys but totally in sync with the TOS. Beware if you care. 

11 minutes ago, Mallette said:

That's history. Really mainly Eldon and Travis and subjectivity has been replaced with absolute and merciless application of the TOS. Both  nice guys but totally in sync with the TOS. Beware if you care. 

I don't think I've ever seen Elden and merciless used in the same sentence before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1