No Longer a Moderator

Mallette

I  am NOT leaving the Forums but will no longer log in except to respond to text messages to do so for PMs. All I did here was Moderate given my 26k posts had  pretty well covered everything I know about audio and I didn't have much more to say given the BS sections demise (where about 5k of my posts disappeared). I PM'd my thoughts to Chad and one other that I really felt like the returning Vietnam vet that I am returning from that war with a Vietnam service medal with campaign device and the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry...and being told to make sure I didn't wear my uniform in public unless I wished to be spat on. 

If you wish to PM me after a week from today text your question to  870 648 5147 and  I  will log in and respond by PM. 

Farewell, and thanks for all  the fish!

• Like 1

Reminds me of leaving a family party and you have to say goodbye 4 or 5 times on your way towards the door.  "I'm really leaving this time!"  Over the years, I've developed the "Irish goodbye" where I just tell everyone "I'll be right back, I have to go check on that thing", and then I never return and nobody misses me.  Works great.  You should try it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave's been a long time member and moderator and it is pretty obvious since first starting this thread there has been new developments. I do not particular like the drama going on in this type of thread. Dave has contributed much to this forum and it's success over the years and I do not like to see him leave this way.   I hate to see friction among the staff that run this forum but I do not think it appropriate to make it public on this forum. I also do not like the idea of a private BS section among a few on a Klipsch speaker forum. And I am glad it no longer exist. That kind of thing is better had on a general social media site of which there are many. This forum should be only about Klipsch speakers and the gear that is associated to make them work. Anything else should be addressed in the lounge section for all to see. Dave I hope you change your mind again and participate when some time has past for you to get over whatever it is that is going on behind the curtain. There are many that will miss you including myself. 

26 minutes ago, Mallette said:

I  am NOT leaving the Forums but will no longer log in except to respond to text messages to do so for PMs. All I did here was Moderate given my 26k posts had  pretty well covered everything I know about audio and I didn't have much more to say given the BS sections demise (where about 5k of my posts disappeared). I PM'd my thoughts to Chad and one other that I really felt like the returning Vietnam vet that I am returning from that war with a Vietnam service medal with campaign device and the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry...and being told to make sure I didn't wear my uniform in public unless I wished to be spat on. 

If you wish to PM me after a week from today text your question to  870 648 5147 and  I  will log in and respond by PM. 

Farewell, and thanks for all  the fish!

Thank you Sir for your service.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mallette said:

You already had my number so certainly no good byes for you, my friend! We'll see each other at Hope...though, since I am persona non grata at Klipsch events only at Forum sponsored events. 

Yes, you can't get rid of me that easily.

2 hours ago, Mallette said:

I PM'd my thoughts to Chad and one other that I really felt like the returning Vietnam vet that I am returning from that war with a Vietnam service medal with campaign device and the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry...and being told to make sure I didn't wear my uniform in public unless I wished to be spat on. 

WTF! Really? If this is true, management needs to have a chat with him.

36 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That's what happens when you put your personal information on the web where the riffraff can see it.

I've even had the riffraff contact me at my place of employment! And I don't use my real name on line, or state where I work.....

Now that's creepy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Marvel said:
3 hours ago, Mallette said:

I PM'd my thoughts to Chad and one other that I really felt like the returning Vietnam vet that I am returning from that war with a Vietnam service medal with campaign device and the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry...and being told to make sure I didn't wear my uniform in public unless I wished to be spat on. 

WTF! Really? If this is true, management needs to have a chat with him.

This is.... incredibly hyperbolic. Dave did say that to me, but I did NOT do anything to make him feel that way, nor did anyone else.

Edited by Chad
grammar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1