Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tutor Turtle

Cornwal III for sale with mods

Recommended Posts

I am looking to purchase Cornwal IV, the Cornwal III need to be sold. The cabinents are Walnut with stands in excellent condition.

ALK extreme slope crossovers are installed with Bob Crites cast aluminum woofers. I saved all the old parts for those of you who perfer the stock sound.

I will consider selling the crossovers separate: $1500/pair new, will sell for $1000. Bob Crites woofers $250/pair

Sold listings on ebay for stock III's range from $3k- 4K, with $1700 in upgrades I am leaning more towards $4,000, unless you want an all stock unit. I'll knock off $800..

Shipping from new england will be at least $400. Original double layer boxes included.

TT

Edited by Tutor Turtle
more onfo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

best of luck with your sale and I hope that you have found your forever loudspeakers in the Cornwall 4!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tutor Turtle said:

Has anyone posed on ebay? I can't understand their fee structure.

Arm leg and left tenticle-- I believe fees are around 10% and that includes shipping costs so you sell your speakers at 4000 and have 400 to ship totalling 4400 fees will be 440.

 

On top of that buyers in most states will have to pay sales tax at 10% so you have to figure that in on the sale price as well as far as how much someone will be willing to spend.

 

So, you wanting 4000 in hand for you speakers someone would basically have to drop over 5000 to get you there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Arm leg and left tenticle-- I believe fees are around 10% and that includes shipping costs so you sell your speakers at 4000 and have 400 to ship totalling 4400 fees will be 440.

 

On top of that buyers in most states will have to pay sales tax at 10% so you have to figure that in on the sale price as well as far as how much someone will be willing to spend.

 

So, you wanting 4000 in hand for you speakers someone would basically have to drop over 5000 to get you there. 

 

 

True. And I doubt anyone is willing to spend 600.00 more than the original MSRP to own a pair of CW IIIs. Best to sell local, IMHO.........

 

Shakey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

 

 

True. And I doubt anyone is willing to spend 600.00 more than the original MSRP to own a pair of CW IIIs. Best to sell local, IMHO.........

 

Shakey

I didn't know the IV was $1600 more than the lll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty sure the retail for the III was 4400.00. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the feed back. I needed this to get a feel for the real market. No better place than here.

 

I will sell them at $2,600, without mods, buyer pays shipping.

Original shipping boxes and paperwork.

Extra set of tweeter horns, new in box.

 

ALK x-overs at half price, $750 (will not split up set) again, buyer pays the freight.

 

I'll hang onto the Crite woofers for another project.

 

If you all need pictures, please respond to this post. I am traveling, so it may take a couple days to get back to you.

 

Again, thank you for your input.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 8:26 AM, Shakeydeal said:

I am pretty sure the retail for the III was 4400.00. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

 

 

The price of the Cornwall 3 or 4 was the same 6k$ or close to that   , but  lately the price is  4400$ -- 4k$ -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tutor Turtle said:

Thank you all for the feed back. I needed this to get a feel for the real market. No better place than here.

 

I will sell them at $2,600, without mods, buyer pays shipping.

Original shipping boxes and paperwork.

Extra set of tweeter horns, new in box.

 

ALK x-overs at half price, $750 (will not split up set) again, buyer pays the freight.

 

I'll hang onto the Crite woofers for another project.

 

If you all need pictures, please respond to this post. I am traveling, so it may take a couple days to get back to you.

 

Again, thank you for your input.

That sounds like a good plan, and the optional gear will be easy to sell, if you chose to.

Pictures always helps a sale, good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tutor Turtle said:

Thank you all for the feed back. I needed this to get a feel for the real market. No better place than here.

 

I will sell them at $2,600, without mods, buyer pays shipping.

Original shipping boxes and paperwork.

Extra set of tweeter horns, new in box.

 

ALK x-overs at half price, $750 (will not split up set) again, buyer pays the freight.

 

I'll hang onto the Crite woofers for another project.

 

If you all need pictures, please respond to this post. I am traveling, so it may take a couple days to get back to you.

 

Again, thank you for your input.

 

I am listening to the CW IV as I type this and I'll tell you that you will not be disappointed. GLWS........

 

Shakey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Tutor Turtle,

for some reason the system wont let me message you directly.

Interested in the x overs you have for sale.

PM me a way to contact you off the forum.

Thanks,

Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duffi,

 

It may be you are still on some probationary period???? Your messages should be coming through.

 

I think $750 (half price) is more than fair price. The reason I am selling them separate is most people want the Cornwal III's stock and/or they are not willing to cough up the extra $.

The new Cornwal IV has a much improved x-over, so why mess with them (and voiding the warrenty)?

 

These weigh about 38-40 lbs. Quite the impressive bit of engineering. See. http://www.alkeng.com/

Click on "Klipsch loudspeaker upgrades" > "extreme slope" scroll down for images. They are bigger than the picturse suggest.

I followed Al's recomendation of 400hz and 5,800 hz.

I waited 3 months for him to build, test and ship them. You will be blown-away by the clarity.

 

They ship from 01862

I have the old paperwork, so I can see how much they cost to ship eight years ago.

Paypal is the safest payment method for both of us, if you chose to complete this sale.

 

I sent you a private message. let's see if that comes through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

 

I am listening to the CW IV as I type this and I'll tell you that you will not be disappointed. GLWS........

 

Shakey

I just finished building our retirement cottage (900sq') . If you remember the 1950's style hifi entertainment centers, they would build the speakers into the wall surrounded by bookshelves for the records, pictures and sculptures. The speakers being even with the face of the shelves. I built the room specifically to accommodate the Cornwal's

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on the sale of the Cornwal III. After changing the cross overs back to stock, I noticed a blemish on one of the cabinets. An exercise ball was touching the side and removed the finish about the size of a silver dollar. It is not discolored, and you can't even notice it unless you look at a 15º angle to the sun. As a result, I am lowering the price to $2,500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These were purchased about five-(six? ) years ago. I use a 50 watt tube amp to drive them, so no clipping issues. They are in 9/10 condition. Slight blemish were a rubber ball removed the sheen on one cabinet about the size of a silver dollar. No discoloration of the wood, but the finish is just plan missing. You have to look at 15º angle to the sun to even see it. otherwise you wouldn't know there was an issue. I'm am looking for $2,500 obro. Original boxes and papers.b you pay shipping from either 01862. or 03870. If you live in southern New England I could meet you half way. Payment via paypal.

cornwaliii2.JPG

cornwaliii1.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2021 at 9:44 AM, wstrickland1 said:

What specific networks do you have?

Oh, tough day already, you are looking for the ALK information. Extreme slope @ 5800 + 600hz

Selling them separate as most buyers of the Speakers are not the same people who want the ES x-overs.

I want $750, you pay the shipping. Paypal.

alk6.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tutor Turtle said:

Oh, tough day already, you are looking for the ALK information. Extreme slope @ 5800 + 600hz

Selling them separate as most buyers of the Speakers are not the same people who want the ES x-overs.

I want $750, you pay the shipping. Paypal.

alk6.JPG

Those are NICE. I'm expecting a beater pair of LaScalas and depending on how trashed they really are I may go all the way with them. Not sure if these will work but I'll check them out. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...