Looking to trade: ~1989 Black LS pair (Central FL) for Pair of Heresy II+

rivlinm

I am considering selling my late 80's black La Scalas.  I bought them used about ten years ago and they have been great, but a few years back I discovered termites.  I treated them with chemicals (live in a condo so couldn't tent) and they seem to be better, but I think I just want them gone.

But before I commit to sell, does anyone know how much it would cost for all new wood, and putting my horns and such in?

Would I be better off scrapping the wood and selling for parts?

Also willing to just sell to anyone who wants to pick them up.  Let me know if interested. 

IMG-20210118-142704.jpg
IMG-20210118-142718.jpg
IMG-20210118-142723.jpg
IMG-20210118-142744.jpg
IMG-20210118-142819.jpg
IMG-20210118-142848.jpg
IMG-20210119-154325.jpg

Edited by rivlinm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rivlinm said:

I don't have much input, that is why I came here.

Willing to sell, but maybe new cabinets or trading for some nicer Heresys would be ideal...

Then looking for offers/ideas on selling as is, or selling just the parts and tossing the wood.

Will wait for other opinions and yes their could  be trades available from someone here.

Parting them out may involve shipping of course. There have been speakers shipped as well.

Let's see what others here come up with.

Guessing that both speakers about the same condition?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Will wait for other opinions and yes their could  be trades available from someone here.

Parting them out may involve shipping of course. There have been speakers shipped as well.

Let's see what others here come up with.

Guessing that both speakers about the same condition?

Thanks!

Yes I think only one has termites, but they are both in similar shape,  would be easy to repair (aside from where the termites ate the wood mostly on the bottom plate) with some wood putty and paint.  The small issues have never bothered me.  

1 minute ago, rivlinm said:

Yes I think only one has termites, but they are both in similar shape,  would be easy to repair (aside from where the termites ate the wood mostly on the bottom plate) with some wood putty and paint.  The small issues have never bothered me.  

Cool, going to send you a private message...

12 minutes ago, rivlinm said:

Just a little bit of info...