Price Advice K Horn

billll

Hi all, 

Anyone able to give me advice on what price they'd be expecting to on a pair of KB-WO's from the 1970's (not sure exact year yet as seller is away). 

Seller will provide exact year, exact condition and images when they return home.

What would you expect to pay providing they are in good condition? Seller is saying $4400 is the going rate for that model in great condition, seems a bit high to me, or am I wrong?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, billll said:

Seller is saying $4400 is the going rate for that model in great condition, seems a bit high to me, or am I wrong?

I'm sure I'll butcher the spelling but if they were Macassar Ebony or Ramblin Rosewood.....  (or some of the other exotic veneers they used) I wouldn't let the price push me away yet....  but if they are walnut, oak...or one of the (no offense intended) pedestrian finishes....  then I'd be a lot more hesitant on the price.

10 minutes ago, billll said:

what are the serial numbers of the speakers ?-that would tell us the year of production -

have the speakers been modified in any way - if yes , what are the modifications ?

do you have pictures of the speakers ?

Here  is a pair on EBAY  as we speak with a buy it now of 4000$ 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Klipsch-Klipschorn-Speakers-Vintage-Oiled-Walnut-KB-WO/383899100324?hash=item59622b64a4:g:ioMAAOSwJ6xf~Ob5

another for 4800$ with a best offer --------

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Klipschorn-speakers/333745387305?hash=item4db4c67729:g:qsMAAOSwBUlffKoZ

12 minutes ago, billll said:

Area of the seller is Indianapolis, however I'm going to be shipping to the UK

I'm in Indianapolis, if you need any help with these, let me know. I have a friend here in Indy, he's from England, I'll buzz him to see if he has any ideas on shipping. Seems like it has to be pretty expensive.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I'm in Indianapolis, if you need any help with these, let me know. I have a friend here in Indy, he's from England, I'll buzz him to see if he has any ideas on shipping. Seems like it has to be pretty expensive.

Thanks so much, I may we’ll take you up on this. Has your friend shipped Khorns to the U.K. before by any chance?

29 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

what are the serial numbers of the speakers ?-that would tell us the year of production -

have the speakers been modified in any way - if yes , what are the modifications ?

do you have pictures of the speakers ?

Here  is a pair on EBAY  as we speak with a buy it now of 4000$ 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Klipsch-Klipschorn-Speakers-Vintage-Oiled-Walnut-KB-WO/383899100324?hash=item59622b64a4:g:ioMAAOSwJ6xf~Ob5

another for 4800$ with a best offer --------

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Klipschorn-speakers/333745387305?hash=item4db4c67729:g:qsMAAOSwBUlffKoZ

I’ll let you know all this stuff when I know, currently seller is away and not 100% sure!

54 minutes ago, billll said:

I’ll let you know all this stuff when I know, currently seller is away and not 100% sure!

Did you check with a Klipsch UK Dealer for B Stock Khorns or LaScala -or even Cornwall IV  , the New Cornwall IV  are actually amazing speakers -

B Stock are  brand new speakers with imperfections that can be anything from scratches to a corner damage  - or a veneer issue - but they are rebated -

14 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Did you check with a Klipsch UK Dealer for B Stock Khorns or LaScala -or even Cornwall IV  , the New Cornwall IV  are actually amazing speakers -

B Stock are  brand new speakers with imperfections that can be anything from scratches to bangged corner - or a veneer issue - but they are rebated -

No I haven’t, do the b stock prices go that low?

15 minutes ago, billll said:

No I haven’t, do the b stock prices go that low?

--Yes , B  stock Cornwall IV would be the least expensive --if you are looking for B stock  klipsch speakers , we have a resident Klipsch  Dealer on the forum  @Paducah Home Theater      , Cory  can fill you in , just click on the his user name  , and select PM -

• Like 1

I think I remember Cory saying B stock on Heritage is limited to U.S. retailers.

@billll How long have you been looking for a pair of khorns?  If I were you I'd much rather find something at least in Europe.  I can't imagine how expensive shipping from the U.S. to you would be on them!

15 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I think I remember Cory saying B stock on Heritage is limited to U.S. retailers.

@billll How long have you been looking for a pair of khorns?  If I were you I'd much rather find something at least in Europe.  I can't imagine how expensive shipping from the U.S. to you would be on them!

@wuzzzer about 2.5 years and I missed the last pair to come up in the U.K. by 6 months.

Europe is an option but the prices are far more expensive than the US, it actually looks like it works out cheaper buying from the US and sending over.