Heresy III - How to remove passive crossover

TexDrone

I apologize in advance if this has been covered many times over.  

How exactly do I bypass, or disconnect, the passive crossovers in Heresy III speakers in order to configure them for biamp with active crossover? Just trying to figure out if it's as simple as removing a wire, or much more complex. 

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

The crossover is mounted to the back of the input terminal.  Each driver wire should be soldered to the crossover.  You'll have to either unsolder the wires or clip them. 

Oh, so on the III the crossover is not on a wood board attached to the side or bottom of the speaker? That's all I've seen from photos here...

Any pics of this?

3 minutes ago, fmalloy said:

Oh, so on the III the crossover is not on a wood board attached to the side or bottom of the speaker? That's all I've seen from photos here...

Any pics of this?

No, I can take it apart and get some photos... but probably not tonight. Wife is watching TV at the moment.

4 minutes ago, fmalloy said:

Any pics of this?

No, Klipsch started mounting on the back of the terminal cup with the Heresy II model. 

Here's a pic from the forum:

100_2567.JPG

4 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

The red and white wires at the top of the pic connect the input terminals to the crossover.  The copper wires to the left connect the drivers to the crossover. 

Just to be clear, I need to remove the copper wires between the drivers and crossover? (The ones one the left in the image)

41 minutes ago, TexDrone said:

How exactly do I bypass, or disconnect, the passive crossovers in Heresy III speakers in order to configure them for biamp with active crossover?

you can PM @Chris A   , he's the Guru for Active Crossovers on this forum -he'll give you the right advice for Biamping and dialing in the active crossover

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

So, are you planning to triamp? If you biamp, I assume you will need a crossover to power the mid and tweeter together, yes? 

I plan to to biamp, and open to all suggestions. Anyone using the DBX 260 or PA2? 

As for amps - planning to add a second parasound 275. 

21 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Those are nice! I mentioned the DBX 260 ... but was told that I still need a passive crossover... in addition to an active crossover.

21 hours ago, Marvel said:

So you will still need a passive crossover section and will not gain the advantage of time and phase alignment.

Edited by TexDrone

21 hours ago, Marvel said:

So you will still need a passive crossover section and will not gain the advantage of time and phase alignment.

So you are saying still need a passive crossover, in addition to an active crossover like the DBX 260 provides? That seems to contradict what I am getting from this sticky... but I could be misunderstanding the information.