Bob Crites has passed

RickFL

I joined 2001 not sure if I ever met him at a pilgrimage but did email him a lot and bought a lot from him. The purist here sometimes didnt like what he was doing but Klipsch would not do it so some one had to. 

He will be missed I hope his son carries it on for sake of people with older speakers. Love ya BOB CRITES you were the best.  

• Like 1

I was surprised and saddened to read this news a few minutes ago.  Right now I’m sitting between the La Scalas that I upgraded and updated with his parts and his advice, way back in 2006.  Part of my enjoyment of this evening was due to Bob.  Good guys and bad, we lose them all in the end.  And being the last one left doesn’t always make you a winner.  Bob was a good guy.

I hope Bob left us peacefully.  I’ll miss him, and so will many members of the Klipsch community.

RIP, Bob.

With Bob's gracious and expert help I was able to refurbish two La Scalas that had hung in an Ohio bar for decades. Now they help a Michigan high school band director.  Hundreds of young musicians are exposed to the clear dynamic sound of Klipsch; an homage to Bob Crites and PWK.

post-6832-0-60120000-1423623361_thumb.jpg

post-6832-0-95120000-1431557488_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I just saw the news of his loss on his website a couple of minutes ago and deeply saddened. 😢 He was a great guy to deal with... with a big heart... I never met him but had countless of emails to/from him for buying things laden with questions from 11-12 years ago and he was so informative and generous to help me everytime patiently. My condolences. R.I.P.

Just saw this very sad news.  I had the pleasure of spending a little time with Bob on a couple of occasions.  He was one of the most genuine and unassuming fellows you could  ever meet.  Condolences to his family.  He will be sorely missed by this Klipsch forum community.  RIP Bob.