Bob Crites has passed

RickFL

Just now, Generg said:

That is really sad! I liked his products and his pictures showing him happy with all his grandchilds around him. 

My old friend ...LOL..... dont´t believe to see you here. Even this is a very sad Occasion, i`m truly glad to meet you here. Welcome to the KC from the buttom of my heart @Generg

I just seen this and I too am sad to learn of Bob's passing.

I had the pleasure of dealing with him on several occasions over these 15 or so years I have been a forum member.

Always very helpful and courteous. Possessed a great deal of knowledge.  Seemed eager to help and willing to guide in the right direction if I was unsure of what path to follow during the few repairs and replacements of these Klipsch speakers components.

RIP BOB!

like what Has already been said, you will be missed.

I'm so saddened to hear this news. I met Bob once years ago when I took my Klipsch Forte 2's to him to have them rebuilt. He and his sons were so cordial to me. Bob had me sit down and listen to his pair of Jubilee's while his son's tore into my speakers. They rebuilt the crossovers and installed the titanium inserts in the tweeter in one speaker and left the other stock. They then played the speakers for me and switched back and forth between them.....said if I didn't like the difference they'd put it back to stock. Man, that's some wonderful service rarely seen these days. Many of us will miss Bob so very much.

• Thanks 1

OMG. I can't believe I missed this. So sad. RIP BEC. Bob has helped me on an unquantifiable level, directly or indirectly, more than almost anyone else on this website. I wish his family well and hope they choose to continue his legacy, but we certainly all have lost a truly irreplaceable man.

• 2 weeks later...

God wanted to upgrade his Klipschorns, so he called Mr. Crites, on the insisting recommendations of a certain Mr.PWK...

Thank you again Mr Crites for your useful help and top notch products when, in the early 2000s, I built my DIY Cornwall enclosures :

aJHYJb-CORNWALL-by-GUILHEM.jpg

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Wow, so sorry to here. I haven't been on in months with the passing of my father in January as well.    Does anyone know if the business is still going?

RIP Bob, you will be missed.

Yes, his son Michael is running it.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

33 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Wow, so sorry to here. I haven't been on in months with the passing of my father in January as well.    Does anyone know if the business is still going?

RIP Bob, you will be missed.

I really miss Bob. 

In the early forum days we both had great fun giving each other a hard time. Bob making fun of my lac of  length (at 5'7) and me his age. However he wasn't much older than myself.  Bob was a smart biz man. He saw and filled gaps for Klipsch lovers.  Repairing drivers, new drivers, woofers, and upgrading networks. 

Cost effective  products, service and shipping second to none.  But I always drove down there for pickup just to see what he was up to.

RIP Bob

tc

• Thanks 1