Bob Crites RIP

YK Thom

On 1/21/2021 at 5:06 PM, fini said:

Bob's surely in Heaven, sitting next to Daddy Dee, sniffin' crossovers...Sad news.  Love you, Bob.  Peace to the Crites family.

Very sad news indeed. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to the Crites family. Thank you so much for your time, effort and assistance Mr. Crites, you will most certainly be missed.

Geez Gregg, you made me realize how easy it is to make this old fart cry these days.

How the heck are ya old friend? I'm not around much these days myself. I quit woodworking in '17 after the house burned down and a Parkinson's diagnosis.. Miss the old days.

Good Bye Mr. Crites. You were a very good Man.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2021 at 7:37 AM, jorjen said:

You made me realize how easy it is to make this old fart cry these days.

That is the truth... just makes me feel we're in the home stretch...

Been reconnecting with old friends, certain music makes me bawl...

Yet, life is good!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Yet, life is good!

great outlook Bruce and I hope you always have it. 

I've had some crappy things go on in life and some others that were self-inflicted; but what amazing grace  to be able to recognize all the blessings that I had and have. 

Peace brother!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

That is the truth... just makes me feel we're in the home stretch...

Been reconnecting with old friends, certain music makes me bawl...

Yet, life is good!

I hear you , although being a Canadian my metaphor is the last ten minutes of the third period hoping for overtime.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

I hear you , although being a Canadian my metaphor is the last ten minutes of the third period hoping for overtime.

and me being from the USA, I say that I'm in the Fourth Quarter.  But, I realize that I turned 60 this past summer, it was sad realizing that I only had 50 more years to live. actually, the women in my family live long lives ... had an aunt that made it to either 101 or 102, both grandmothers ... one was 94 the other 99.  My grandmother that died at age 94 ... her OLDER sister was still living. The other two aunts were 93 and 91.  My Mom broke that tradition and died at age 33; but she was hit by a truck driven by a guy so drunk that it's a wonder that he could walk let alone get behind the wheel of a big rig.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

and me being from the USA, I say that I'm in the Fourth Quarter.  But, I realize that I turned 60 this past summer, it was sad realizing that I only had 50 more years to live. actually, the women in my family live long lives ... had an aunt that made it to either 101 or 102, both grandmothers ... one was 94 the other 99.  My grandmother that died at age 94 ... her OLDER sister was still living. The other two aunts were 93 and 91.  My Mom broke that tradition and died at age 33; but she was hit by a truck driven by a guy so drunk that it's a wonder that he could walk let alone get behind the wheel of a big rig.

I hope you get your 50 years! Love you crazy Americans and hope to spend my winters on the gulf coast of Florida ( family tradition). Going to be 59 in two weeks, just shy of the BIG one. The men in my family are not known for our longevity so I enjoy every minute. If I make 78 I will tie  the record set by my father a few years back.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

My Mom broke that tradition and died at age 33; but she was hit by a truck driven by a guy so drunk that it's a wonder that he could walk let alone get behind the wheel of a big rig.

that  must have been Devastating for your Family , driving a car drunk is one thing , but a big rig while drunk is crazy  --Sorry for Your Loss-  Bro  , whatever you do , dont tell me this guy walked away  without a Heavy jail sentence  -

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

that  must have been Devastating for your Family , driving a car drunk is one thing , but a big rig while drunk is crazy  --Sorry for Your Loss-  Bro  , whatever you do , dont tell me this guy walked away  without a Heavy jail sentence  -

The truck driver died in the crash too. Actually, I was in the car, my whole family was. Mom was ejected out the DRIVER'S SIDE door along with my Pops. She died that night, he died less than five months later. According to newspaper article that I have, the crash knocked out power to 1,500 homes. All this happened on Thanksgiving night ... we were only minutes from home. We were at the edge of our neighborhood after that intersection, we'd have been entering a residential area. I remember that night very well. 

• Sad 5

I have to say, I'm extremely upset.  I came back and the first thing that popped up was this terrible news.  Bob was an immense help to the few things I did build.  Ever patient, always kind.  The man was an absolute gem, and while I hadn't met him, I will miss him greatly.

Rest in peace, Mr. Crites.  My deepest sympathies to the family.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pats3of4 said:

I had no idea:(. I just talked with him in November maybe?  Very sad 😞 

I Spoke to Bobby  around  September    when I emailed Bobby in October  , His Son   Michael  Replied back to Bobby's Email  -

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

I hope you get your 50 years! Love you crazy Americans and hope to spend my winters on the gulf coast of Florida ( family tradition). Going to be 59 in two weeks, just shy of the BIG one. The men in my family are not known for our longevity so I enjoy every minute. If I make 78 I will tie  the record set by my father a few years back.

and I hope you make it and many years past that mark. My Pops died at age 35; but me and my brother are both in our 60s now. 

My family vacation spot was Pismo Beach, CA ... just a few hours down the road from us; but we had many good times there. Always looked forward to those trips. Back in the 60s and early 70s there were plenty of Pismo Clams to be had. In fact, one trip my Great Grandmother got arrested for eating an undersized clam. The rest of the family had to pitch in to pay her fine. 

My family was a wild bunch; but I love them. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

I have to say, I'm extremely upset.  I came back and the first thing that popped up was this terrible news.  Bob was an immense help to the few things I did build.  Ever patient, always kind.  The man was an absolute gem, and while I hadn't met him, I will miss him greatly.

Rest in peace, Mr. Crites.  My deepest sympathies to the family.

nice to see that you're still around. Don't see you posting much; but that's okay as long as you're doing well. Peace!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

nice to see that you're still around. Don't see you posting much; but that's okay as long as you're doing well. Peace!

Life has been quite the rollercoaster.  Haven't been on the forums since June - but that's mostly because my attention has been everyplace else just about. 

• Like 1

RIP Bob....  remember riding my motorbike to visit with him a few times, back when the Cornscala was still in it's protype. He and his son treated me nice and were very kind. I never could leave emptied handed, always had to tote back a pair of tweeters, mid's or woofers. You were a good man Bob.

• Like 1