SPL 100 torx screws on back panel

Rob L

most likely they are to hold an internal component, if the other screws are not torx head screws, then they used the different head to keep people from undoing them when removing the other screws that hold the amp in.  do you need to remove the amp for some reason?  if so, leave those 2 screws alone & remove the screws on the outer perimeter & see if the amp comes out,  then you can look & see what the 2 torx screws are for.    

10 hours ago, stmhlm said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Also, they're not torx, but hex.

They are dedicated to the WA-2 wireless adapter kit manufactured by Klipsch:
https://i.postimg.cc/7PgxtPT4/wireless.png

The WA-2 wireless adapter kit is plugged into this connection:

https://i.postimg.cc/9Q91ZknL/connection.png

WA-2 wireless adapter kit:
https://www.klipsch.com/products/wa2-wireless-subwoofer-kit

Specification sheet for WA-2 wireless adapter kit:

https://d2um2qdswy1tb0.cloudfront.net/product-specsheets/WA-2-Spec-Sheet.pdf?mtime=20170511104749

These screws are present on SPL-100, SPL-120, SPL-150, R-110SW, R-112SW and R-115SW.

uh, i think one wrong would have been sufficient...

notice how i said "most likely"???  i dont own this sub so i was speaking in general terms of what smaller screws are usually for on a plate amp.  & in this case, if they are for the wireless adpater then they are indeed to hold something else internal to the amp (the connection port) as i explained.

& my other suggestion to remove the amp if needed but leave those 2 srews alone is valid & would have shown him what the screws were for. 

1 hour ago, stmhlm said:

No, they are still not 'indeed to hold something else internal to the amp (the connection port)'.

They are there to hold the WA-2 wireless adapter kit, nothing else.

My recommendation to you is to not/stop recommend people/users to remove their plate amplifier.

Better to keep quiet if you don't have the knowledge or experience, able to address the OP's question.

whoa, are you having a bad day? for a newbie you sure do have an unnecessary negative attitude... 

my recommendation to you is to slow down & read the words before jumping to conclusions on a simple suggestion that said "most likely" & to not misinterpret what people mean or assume their knowledge level.  i didnt recommend anyone/people/users to remove their plate amp, i clearly asked if he was planning to remove the amp, I stated "IF" he intended to remove the amp to just remove the screws on the outer perimeter & leave the 2 small screws he was asking about alone... he didnt say why he was asking about the screws. 

& yes, smaller inner screws on plate amps are usually there to hold internal components to the plate, which is all i stated... sorry if i was incorrect on what those 2 screws were for.  

have a nice day

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

whoa, are you having a bad day? for a newbie you sure do have an unnecessary negative attitude... 

my recommendation to you is to slow down & read the words before jumping to conclusions on a simple suggestion that said "most likely" & to not assume what people mean or their knowledge level.  i didnt recommend anyone/people/users to remove their plate amp, i clearly asked if he was planning to remove the amp, I stated "IF" he intended to remove the amp to just remove the screws on the outer perimeter & leave the 2 small screws he was asking about alone... he didnt say why he was asking about the screws. 

& yes, smaller inner screws on plate amps are usually there to hold internal components to the plate, which is all i stated... sorry if i was incorrect on what those 2 screws were for.  

have a nice day

Clearly you need to be tarred & feathered....

As it happens, I've got the tar warming up right now.  We'll need to find some feathers, I'm out.  Mind if we stick some fish on you instead of feathers?  

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

This was very informative!  I was also wondering why on earth would two screws be sticking out ?   Won't lie, but honestly thought I must have bought a returned product !  I was expecting the sub woofer to not work right from the get go.

Very happy to read it's only purpose is to hold a wireless adapter! 

Great information, thanks man!