Help with mounting a 396 center

USNRET

As I move into the new place I constantly find issues with placement of speakers.
Left and right Jubilees
KI 396 with vertical mod on order from factory to mount horizontally as center and this is the question.
Other than constructing or buying an equipment rack that the center would rest on how would you mount the 396 center to the wall?
Length 36.3' long now in the horizontal plane (assuming 16" center on studs)
Depth 16"
Weight 76 lbs
If a floating shelf perhaps triangular with angle adjustable to account for the 396's shape

Ideas?

49 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

With all the "hard points" you could fly it from the ceiling using 3/8 eye bolts and chain or wire rope. This would allow for easier vertical changes/adjustments versus moving a shelf.

KI-396-SMA-II_ARCH_DRAWING.PDF?mtime=201

I would hope not to fly it as this would be in a room that is a little more "formal". Thinking of a cantilever system from the wall. Note my extremely comfy seating while awaiting furniture. There will be a 77" TV in the middle, a rack of electronics and then there are two SVS PB 4000 subs to be placed somewhere. 5.2 systems with 396s as the center and surrounds.

Jub in LR.jpg

18 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Thanks Roy. I have seen references to a "C" bracket but my searches turned up nothing.  Due to TV viewing angle, Jub height and center 396 height compromises I am guessing to mount the 396 at about centerline of the Jubs' LF/HF split line. Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Are you going to mount the tv to the wall?   What is behind that wall. by the way?  Perhaps an invisible center, as Garyrc did, could be cool. 

The TV, which will be installed Monday (ordered in November), will be mounted and there is a bedroom behind the wall so no void there. I was reading the TV's manual and it has a function where the TV speakers can be connected to serve as a center channel. I am 100% positive those TV speakers will match up with the JUBs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JBCODD said:

That will certainly beat the heck out of dust collecting suspension cables. I too had looked for suitable brackets but didn't find a one. El Jefe comes through in the clutch.

I was thinking about a spike system like a traditional center might have, extra long spikes in the back. Some centers require spikes.

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

The TV, which will be installed Monday (ordered in November), will be mounted and there is a bedroom behind the wall so no void there. I was reading the TV's manual and it has a function where the TV speakers can be connected to serve as a center channel. I am 100% positive those TV speakers will match up with the JUBs

A few TVs have a center channel pre-out, you could go right to an amp then speaker.

This was a first. The company that I ordered the bracket from called to verify my address. When I repeated it the gent told me that that address came back under a different name. I was like yes, that's who I bought the house from. I thought that as long as the billing and shipping address matched it was good didn't realize they look at some data base to verify.

1 minute ago, USNRET said:

I thought of that Richard but didn't know of one available. You need my address for the gift?

I've got a single K510, couple of WG-45 horns and a pair of B&C DE750s I will be putting up for sale.  You just need bass bin of your choice.