Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
USNRET

Help with mounting a 396 center

Recommended Posts

As I move into the new place I constantly find issues with placement of speakers.
Left and right Jubilees
KI 396 with vertical mod on order from factory to mount horizontally as center and this is the question.
Other than constructing or buying an equipment rack that the center would rest on how would you mount the 396 center to the wall?
Length 36.3' long now in the horizontal plane (assuming 16" center on studs)
Depth 16"
Weight 76 lbs
If a floating shelf perhaps triangular with angle adjustable to account for the 396's shape
 

Ideas?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the "hard points" you could fly it from the ceiling using 3/8 eye bolts and chain or wire rope. This would allow for easier vertical changes/adjustments versus moving a shelf.

 

KI-396-SMA-II_ARCH_DRAWING.PDF?mtime=201

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

With all the "hard points" you could fly it from the ceiling using 3/8 eye bolts and chain or wire rope. This would allow for easier vertical changes/adjustments versus moving a shelf.

 

KI-396-SMA-II_ARCH_DRAWING.PDF?mtime=201

I would hope not to fly it as this would be in a room that is a little more "formal". Thinking of a cantilever system from the wall. Note my extremely comfy seating while awaiting furniture. There will be a 77" TV in the middle, a rack of electronics and then there are two SVS PB 4000 subs to be placed somewhere. 5.2 systems with 396s as the center and surrounds.

 

Jub in LR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Thanks Roy. I have seen references to a "C" bracket but my searches turned up nothing.  Due to TV viewing angle, Jub height and center 396 height compromises I am guessing to mount the 396 at about centerline of the Jubs' LF/HF split line. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally found a source for a single bracket as most came in pairs. Ordered. @Chief bonehead move my vertical 396 to the head of the line :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That will certainly beat the heck out of dust collecting suspension cables. I too had looked for suitable brackets but didn't find a one. El Jefe comes through in the clutch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chief Installer  (we all know they're boneheads)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you going to mount the tv to the wall?   What is behind that wall. by the way?  Perhaps an invisible center, as Garyrc did, could be cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Are you going to mount the tv to the wall?   What is behind that wall. by the way?  Perhaps an invisible center, as Garyrc did, could be cool. 

The TV, which will be installed Monday (ordered in November), will be mounted and there is a bedroom behind the wall so no void there. I was reading the TV's manual and it has a function where the TV speakers can be connected to serve as a center channel. I am 100% positive those TV speakers will match up with the JUBs

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JBCODD said:

That will certainly beat the heck out of dust collecting suspension cables. I too had looked for suitable brackets but didn't find a one. El Jefe comes through in the clutch.

I was thinking about a spike system like a traditional center might have, extra long spikes in the back. Some centers require spikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

The TV, which will be installed Monday (ordered in November), will be mounted and there is a bedroom behind the wall so no void there. I was reading the TV's manual and it has a function where the TV speakers can be connected to serve as a center channel. I am 100% positive those TV speakers will match up with the JUBs

A few TVs have a center channel pre-out, you could go right to an amp then speaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a first. The company that I ordered the bracket from called to verify my address. When I repeated it the gent told me that that address came back under a different name. I was like yes, that's who I bought the house from. I thought that as long as the billing and shipping address matched it was good didn't realize they look at some data base to verify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess a LaScala in center with a 510 on top wouldn't work?  

 

 

 

JubLSI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought of that Richard but didn't know of one available. You need my address for the gift?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I guess a LaScala in center with a 510 on top wouldn't work?

Thats what I am using, but I have room for it and the wife has no say in this room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, USNRET said:

I thought of that Richard but didn't know of one available. You need my address for the gift?

I've got a single K510, couple of WG-45 horns and a pair of B&C DE750s I will be putting up for sale.  You just need bass bin of your choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I thought of that Richard but didn't know of one available. You need my address for the gift?

 

As it happened (notice past tense)  I did have a black LaScala that I gave away (empty cabinet)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...