Cabinet resonance RP600M, RP8000F

TallMan206

Hi all,

Do more people notice the resonance of the cabinets of the RP600M and RP8000F (in my case, because I own those speakers)?

With some guitar music (FE: You and your friend - Dire Straits) I hear an annoying resonance with notes around the midbass frequencies. It sounds like an internal 'hum' in the cabinet. 

I know GR-Research noticed the weak construction of the cabinets and he used NoRez to make the cabinet more rigid and with less resonance. Do you guys think it is usefull to open up the speakers and apply materials to make the cabinets more rigid?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Best regards,

Ronald

• 6 months later...

Well I just ordered some klipsch rp600m’s and a denon receiver. Two of the most obvious and least invasive improvements I noticed could be tackled for under $100, are the jumper bars and the sound dampening of the cabinet. I ordered some premium copper jumpers spades to bananas and some no rez from Danny’s website from research, if I remember I’ll post any difference I notice, albeit I don’t expect to put a lot of listening time in on these Pre installation of the no rez. I’m sure by now (6 months later) you’ve come to the conclusion you wanted, but maybe it can help others. I didn’t feel like learning how to build a crossover network or buy the tools needed when I’ve never even heard a stock rp600m yet. Best wishes.

• 4 months later...
On 7/30/2021 at 7:37 PM, jrocks29ms@gmail.com said:

Well I just ordered some klipsch rp600m’s and a denon receiver. Two of the most obvious and least invasive improvements I noticed could be tackled for under $100, are the jumper bars and the sound dampening of the cabinet. I ordered some premium copper jumpers spades to bananas and some no rez from Danny’s website from research, if I remember I’ll post any difference I notice, albeit I don’t expect to put a lot of listening time in on these Pre installation of the no rez. I’m sure by now (6 months later) you’ve come to the conclusion you wanted, but maybe it can help others. I didn’t feel like learning how to build a crossover network or buy the tools needed when I’ve never even heard a stock rp600m yet. Best wishes.

Did you ever notice a difference after either the jumper change or NoRez being added? I just got the 8000f’s recently too, and notice a “buzz” out of the top-back-left corner when doing a 40-200hz sweep. It only starts to make that “buzz” right around 190-200hz, but I’m not sure if it continues at all beyond that since I’ve not yet tested. Thanks a lot for any feedback you’ve got from your speakers. and hope you’re enjoying them.