Klipsch P-39's On Audiomart.

Shiva

1 hour ago, edzu1234 said:

Has anybody heard these on an extended basis?...and what do they think of them?...and how do the compare with other High-End Klipsch Speakers?...

I have the center, 37s and 38s.  I had B&W Signature 800s (the big ones).  These are just as detailed and image very well.  I prefer the Palladiums as they are more efficient and easier to drive . 

12 hours ago, edzu1234 said:

Has anybody heard these on an extended basis?...and what do they think of them?...and how do the compare with other High-End Klipsch Speakers?...

I've been listening to a pair of 38s and the matching sub for 9 years now, they sound wonderful. Most music doesn't require the sub. The mids/highs are clear and vocals are some of the best I've heard. If these are obtainable, I say take a good look, I doubt you would regret getting these. They are getting hard to find, I was recently offered 33% more for my center speaker than what I paid for it new.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I've been listening to a pair of 38s and the matching sub for 9 years now, they sound wonderful. Most music doesn't require the sub. The mids/highs are clear and vocals are some of the best I've heard. If these are obtainable, I say take a good look, I doubt you would regret getting these. They are getting hard to find, I was recently offered 33% more for my center speaker than what I paid for it new.

Love the P38s.  I went through several audiophile speakers and these are keepers.  My wife always tells me to put the stereo on when we watch TV, she loves them too. 

19 minutes ago, luddite said:

Is $9K an appropriate price for P39"s?  

That seems steep, but I don't know if they come up often enough to see a trend.  

Beautiful speakers.  

Who can say what's appropriate. Klipsch had them on sale at 50% off, so 10k for P39s a couple years ago. If they are in great shape, and they're on your list, I'd say 9k might be a steal. I know I would add at least 2k plus my 38s for 39s. They just look stunning in person, the whole rear section of the speaker, ports exiting on the sides. They are quite a bit bigger than a 38....someone had a picture on here a few weeks ago showing all 3 towers side by side. They are huge (but the box should've been bigger)

3 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Love the P38s.  I went through several audiophile speakers and these are keepers.  My wife always tells me to put the stereo on when we watch TV, she loves them too. 

My wife says put on the pretty speakers. 

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

slightly smaller than a P39F --but remarkably  similar in overall specs --

Actually, there's a pic of all three towers side by side, that 39 is huge. 

In all due respect I don’t think they do nor were they intended to. Far different intended uses.I believe this was Klipschs’ attempt at the hi-end, ultra finished cabinet, look what we can do, WAF market. At the time K Horn's and Jubes didn’t approach the retail price of these when Klipsch ventured into the $20K speaker market. No matter how good they sounded the snooty hi-end audiophile market never equated Klipsch with a speaker worthy of $20K. At the end of the day great sound, beautiful cabinetry and all, Palladium fought a constant uphill battle in the marketplace - and lost.