Klipsch P-39's On Audiomart.

Shiva

I have a Lexus LS400.  Really glad that Toyota decided on that name in the late 80s or I would not have this fine car for the last 16 years that I love because Toyota did not have the great respect that it has today in the late 80 (remember when made in Japan mean cheap junk, not top quality?  ..and China meant fine dishes)

I have seen a few pairs of Merlot P39s over the years but could never bring myself to pull the trigger.  Can't see replacing the 38s or selling any of them, so it would mean one more pair and trying to find a place for the 38s (guest bathroom maybe?).

if I didn't have the 38s, yes, I would have bought them.

2 hours ago, richieb said:

In all due respect I don’t think they do nor were they intended to. Far different intended uses.I believe this was Klipschs’ attempt at the hi-end, ultra finished cabinet, look what we can do, WAF market. At the time K Horn's and Jubes didn’t approach the retail price of these when Klipsch ventured into the $20K speaker market. No matter how good they sounded the snooty hi-end audiophile market never equated Klipsch with a speaker worthy of $20K. At the end of the day great sound, beautiful cabinetry and all, Palladium fought a constant uphill battle in the marketplace - and lost.

it's a shame, they had outstanding reviews, some even against much more expensive speakers.

Going out on a limb here.  I would love to have the speakers.  

But I am having trouble rationalizing $9K for them, and would have had real trouble rationalizing $20K.  

That money will buy great stuff from just about any high end speaker manufacturer.  

It will buy multiples of Klipsch heritage line speakers.  

I've owned Khorns, La Scalas, Heresies, Fortes, and Belles.  I have not owned any of the newer designs.  

Is that price for just about the best speaker Klipsch has ever made?  I think the P-39 is about the most expensive.  

Or is it for the rarity and beauty, separate from a very good speaker?  

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Just think of all the people that paid msrp...20k. I'm sure some dealers gave discounts. 

I'd feel pretty confident betting most that paid MSRP didn't have to ponder it much. Not like they went hungry, skipped a mortgage payment or sold an organ (human not B3) to pay for them.

22 hours ago, edzu1234 said:

All you have to do is look at these phenoms.  How much is a new pair of Khorns?...Are these rare speakers that are not made anymore, worth it?..I think so, according to all the buzz of this series I have heard from owners.

parts are a BIG problem ,  bust a woofer , and you 're crying -but if parts were available ?

This ad can be a good indicator for a potential buyer to see how they might move once the desire to resell them arises, unless they are going to be kept forever.  They are at about half retail at the moment, which is a good buy for used audio gear.  If they sit on Audiomart unsold, they may do the same down the road as well.  Just something to contemplate.  

14 hours ago, MMurg said:

Darn it.  Why do they have to be in New Orleans?

You're the Palladium Master......are these priced well? Seems ok, but another pair sold on that same site a month or so ago for 7900.

The seller did say he would give a $500 discount if these were picked up, so 8500.

I would love to move up to these bigger brothers.

I drove from Charleston to Vero Beach to get my 39s and paid $8k if I remember. The look on my wife's face when I unboxed them was priceless. There wasn't a mirror handy so I didn't see the look on mine but it was probably similar. Just too darn big, I sold them to a forum member less than a year later for about what I paid.

18 hours ago, MMurg said:

Darn it.  Why do they have to be in New Orleans?

Seriously?  When dealing with expensive speakers the distance does not matter as much.  I had big B&Ws shipped to me from Maui.  When I sold them they went to Asia.  On another pair of big B&Ws the buyer paid $1K for boxes and we shipped them across the country. 

I also just bought a pair of small B&Ws (Signature 805s) and had them shipped from Japan. 

Don't let distance be an issue. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

You're the Palladium Master......are these priced well? Seems ok, but another pair sold on that same site a month or so ago for 7900.

The seller did say he would give a $500 discount if these were picked up, so 8500.

I would love to move up to these bigger brothers.

The price doesn't seem too bad considering how hard to find they are getting.  Just pondering if I want to spend the money and then try to sell my P-38.  I'd be concerned about shipping since the guy in his original listing said he was incapable of boxing them back up.

1 hour ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Seriously?  When dealing with expensive speakers the distance does not matter as much.  I had big B&Ws shipped to me from Maui.  When I sold them they went to Asia.  On another pair of big B&Ws the buyer paid $1K for boxes and we shipped them across the country. 

I also just bought a pair of small B&Ws (Signature 805s) and had them shipped from Japan. 

Don't let distance be an issue. 

Oh, I'm usually not concerned about distance.  A pair of my P-37F were shipped from Scotland.  😀  However, the large Palladiums that I've had shipped to me came from dealers who are experienced in shipping such items.  This guy in his original listing wasn't even sure he was capable of getting them back in their boxes.

33 minutes ago, MMurg said:

One downside of getting these would mean I'd probably have to sell my P-38F since I'd have no real spot for them.  Then I would no longer own every model in the Palladium line.  😁

Nice avatar. What's a good "difference" price between 38 and 39? How many do you have....20?