Klipsch P-39's On Audiomart.

Shiva

3 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

What is his asking price for the P37s?

Around 3800 I believe. That was on FB about 6 weeks ago. They're merlot and in perfect condition, I bought his P17b merlot last year, they were, and still are in perfect condition.

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the trigger on the P-39's yesterday.  

Made a 900 mile RT road trip from Memphis to New Orleans before the winter storm hit here today.  

Now the speakers are tucked away in the 'hood.  

These suckers are big.  The boxes make me think I have 2 refrigerators in the garage instead of speakers.  

I will get them upstairs when I can find a buddy to help me move them.  

They will be replacing a very nice pair of Belles I really don't want to get rid of.  

I will list the Belles in the Garage Sale in a bit.  Will not have a place for them.  

I'm wondering if a McIntosh MC 275 VI will be a good fit for the P-39's.  I have Mac SS amps I can use.  

Any advice will be appreciated.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, luddite said:

Made a 900 mile RT road trip from Memphis to New Orleans before the winter storm hit here today.  

These suckers are big.  The boxes make me think I have 2 refrigerators in the garage instead of speakers.  

They will be replacing a very nice pair of Belles I really don't want to get rid of.  

I will list the Belles in the Garage Sale in a bit.  Will not have a place for them.  

I'm wondering if a McIntosh MC 275 VI will be a good fit for the P-39's.  I have Mac SS amps I can use.  

Let us know how you like them.  Just remember that if you decide you don't like them to let me know.  Now that you've brought them closer to me I'd be more likely to drive to get them.  I've made a Palladium speaker road trip from PA to TN before.  😁

17 hours ago, luddite said:

Congrats, very nice speakers. Let us know your thoughts.

17 hours ago, luddite said:

Cool and congrats. 

Amp should be fine depending on how loud you listen.  If not, pick up a QSC PLX 1202 or higher for the bass section (need a simple fan swap) and bi amp with the Mac on the mids and tweeters.  The QSC has gain controls so balancing is easy.  Will not cost much.

Put the Belles in storage if you will miss them.  I has some really nice Belles, have Palladium 38s now and don't miss the Belles.

On 2/1/2021 at 11:22 AM, MMurg said:

Ha, you sound like me.  As you saw from my system lists, I'm already using 37s as rear surrounds and 17s as Atmos speakers in my basement.  Doesn't get more ridiculous.  🙂  I certainly don't need those 39s.  I don't want to get rid of the 38s and I don't want to get rid of the mahogany KLF-30 that I have in the living room (a room that hardly ever gets used anyway).  Also, is it really worth it for 26% more woofer area (yes, I did the calculations).  However, the irrational part of my brain is like...

That's ridiculous?  I've got La Scalas for surround speakers!  I didn't plan on it, but it turned out well for me and a new Forum member.  When I got my La Scala IIs 8 years ago, I briefly wondered what to do with the original La Scalas that started all this madness for me.  After all, the Heresy IIs were doing fine as surround speakers, and it would seem way too decadent to have La Scalas as surround speakers.  On the other hand, they're here and they're paid for.

Okay, that decided it.  So the older La Scalas went behind and to the sides of the sofa, on 13" risers to let the HF section speak over the furniture.  Perfect!  They sound great like that.  The Heresy IIs sat there in their same positions, but disconnected and serving as sound diffusors (a cluttered room sounds better than an empty room, so I've got that well taken care of) for a few years, until a new member had an issue with the used KG speakers he'd bought.  It turned out he also lives on the Island, a 3-hour drive away, so he returned the defective speaker and its mate to the shop near me where he had bought them, came over for a listen, and now the Heresy IIs are making a new Forum member very happy.  All's well that ends well!

• Like 1

I have a MC 7270 (270 WPC) and a MC 2200 (200 WPC) I can use for the P-39's.  

Or I can use the MC 275.  It is a VI, with the green disco tube lights.  

Preamp will be a C27.  Guess one can tell I'm kinda heavy into Mac gear.  

I'm tempted to A/B the tube and SS amps with the Palladiums.  

At this point I will be happy just to get them hooked up.  They're a handful.  

• Like 1

The Mac SS amps have the autoformers.  

I'm not sure if that makes any difference with the P-39's.  

I've seen other amps state a power output at 8 ohms that can double at 4 ohms.  

The Palladiums are 4 ohm speakers.  

If the Mac SS amps with autoformers maintain a constant power output at 16, 8, or 4 ohms, is that good or bad for the P-39's?  

I'm just wondering if a 200-300 WPC SS or 75 WPC tube amp will sound any different.  

8 hours ago, luddite said:

The Mac SS amps have the autoformers.  

I'm not sure if that makes any difference with the P-39's.  

I've seen other amps state a power output at 8 ohms that can double at 4 ohms.  

The Palladiums are 4 ohm speakers.  

If the Mac SS amps with autoformers maintain a constant power output at 16, 8, or 4 ohms, is that good or bad for the P-39's?  

I'm just wondering if a 200-300 WPC SS or 75 WPC tube amp will sound any different.  

Some low ohm speakers can overload the tubes, autoformers help. I'm curious as well which amp you prefer, I'm sure they'll sound different. Those P39s are definitely power hungry, bi-amp? SS-low, tube-hi? 😀