Actually speaking to a human at Klipsch

bsac335

Just curious if anybody remembers a guy named Trey at Klipsch? I seem to remember a few years ago folks on the forum talked about him and that he was Klipsch forum member friendly and would take calls. 

I'm in need of speaking to someone like that at Klipsch. I tried calling their public number to no avail.

If anyone has a contact, it would be much appreciated.

-bob

I have a pair of CW 2's that were damaged in a fire. I bought them from a guy who had them resized into smaller cabs. He also replaced the woofers with K43s instead of k33s. 

So, that's what I'm dealing with. 

I'd like rebuild the CW2 into factory specs since I can't find empty CW2 cabs.

Also, I'd like to inquire if Klipsch can re-issue the inspection stickers since they were actually transferred to the new cabs but there is no way to transfer them to the new cabs if I build them.

Yes, it's a tall order but I'd like to try.

The woofer issue (43s instead of 33s) seems to prohibit bass response. But, who knows since the entire geometry of the inner dimensions of these cabs are so off plus the porting it's anyone's guess.

-b

21 minutes ago, bsac335 said:

I have a pair of CW 2's that were damaged in a fire. I bought them from a guy who had them resized into smaller cabs. He also replaced the woofers with K43s instead of k33s. 

So, that's what I'm dealing with. 

I'd like rebuild the CW2 into factory specs since I can't find empty CW2 cabs.

Also, I'd like to inquire if Klipsch can re-issue the inspection stickers since they were actually transferred to the new cabs but there is no way to transfer them to the new cabs if I build them.

Yes, it's a tall order but I'd like to try.

The woofer issue (43s instead of 33s) seems to prohibit bass response. But, who knows since the entire geometry of the inner dimensions of these cabs are so off plus the porting it's anyone's guess.

-b

I think you might find that the bass response was curtailed more by the smaller cabs than the woofer change.

I doubt the company will give you new inspection stickers for speakers that were remade into cabinets that did not match the original specs, and one of the three drivers being replaced.  You should be able to lift the paper labels off the "new" cabs successfully.  Google something like label removal chemicals or sprays.