Recommendations for a 13.5' x 31' room with 9' ceilings

Jmxdc

So I built a home theater but now I need some audio. I was looking at the Klipsch RP line I was thinking 8000f floor speakers with RP-504c center and a couple sets of RP-502S for the sides. Is this too much for a room this size? I have 3 rows and the back two are tiered up 10".  

Edited by Jmxdc
corrected spelling
  • Like 3

A warm welcome here.  This illustration shows the optimal combination for placement in your room. For the RP 8000 F  Klipsch recommends the use of the RP 404 C center, the RP 600 M as rear speaker and the SPL 150 as sub. I don´t know whether this fits into your budget.

1687679676_HTRP8000.jpg.a68fb752c5598e7a1c02e480a6cd5c58.jpg

RP 8000 F is ..........

1880363355_RPaward.jpg.b40a7a31f7d7e8fcb2d1f591594aa75e.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jmxdc said:

Since I have 3 rows in my long room. Would it be best to put a surround next 2 each row? I was thinking about going with atmos speakers RP-500SA in the front and the rear eventually. 

the room size  is too big for the few speakers  you want to buy -----------31 feet long  x 14 feet is huge because of the length of 31 feet  mostly  and the sound would be thin ,  unless you would reduce the size of the room  to 18 feet  or buy more speakers  for the full 31 feet   , and in order to have any  kind of sound effect in a 14x 31 feet room  -  you would  need 3  --15 inch speakers like Cornwalls or Lascala and at least 2 -twin 15 inch  subs  , plus you would  need rear speakers and side speakers -

-

11 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

the room size i is too big for the few speakers , you are mentionning  here ,  the speakers would be playing at very high levels   to fill this room size    ,so you would have to reduce the size of the room o buy more speakers -

In what areas would you recommend more speakers? I was already planning for 3 sets of Surrounds, one for each row. 

6 minutes ago, Jmxdc said:

In what areas would you recommend more speakers? I was already planning for 3 sets of Surrounds, one for each row. 

the Front speakers must be  3  -----15 inch speakers --       and 2   twin 15 inch  subs --------watch this , this is @Youthman  's setup -  the sound pushes with little effort , 2 side speakers ---------that's it-----big screen in the middle ---

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.soleproductions.com%2Fforumfiles%2FLa-Scala-Home-Theater-Build-2.jpeg&hash=540cc31825e1eec5b71b533eeb7afcb8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

the room size  is too big for the few speakers  you want to buy -----------31 feet long  x 14 feet is huge because of the length mostly  and the sound would be thin ,  unless you would reduce the size of the room  to 18 feet  or buy more speakers  for the full 31 feet   , and in order to have any  kind of sound effect in a 14x 31 feet room  -  you would  need 3  --15 inch speakers like Cornwalls or Lascala and at least 2 -twin 15 inch  subs  , plus you would  need rear speakers and side speakers -

-

Randy .....he isn´t Youthman ....your idea is out of budget ....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jmxdc said:

Not picked out yet, I wanted to see what speakers I was going to get to make sure I had enough power. 

You may choose products from   " EMOTIVA " for such a project. They got a fair price range of Pre and Modular Power Amps- Have a look on their web page

https://emotiva.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Jmxdc said:

forget the cabinet work , concentrate on purchasing used gear ---slowly , slowly -3  big speakers dont require rear speakers -, and they push the sound with very little power amplification as they are very efficient  --------2 smaller side speakers is all you would  need   to fill the room --- 2 subs would give a great sound effect

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

the room size  is too big for the few speakers  you want to buy -----------31 feet long  x 14 feet is huge because of the length of 31 feet  mostly  and the sound would be thin ,  unless you would reduce the size of the room  to 18 feet 

How far from the screen is your rear seating?  

I am not going to say that your front LCR is the wrong choice because of their size but I am going to highly encourage you getting at minimum another 15" subwoofer.  You will have a difficult time pressurizing that room(near 4000ft3) so you can "feel" car crashes and bomb blasts.  

Bill

11 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

what is your location ? are you anywhere close to Atlanta -

On 1/21/2021 at 4:44 PM, RandyH000 said:

the room size i is too big for the few speakers , you are mentionning  here ,  the speakers would be playing at very high levels   to fill this room size    ,so you would have to reduce the size of the room o buy more speakers -

I am up in DC, not very close. 

• Like 1