Recommendations for a 13.5' x 31' room with 9' ceilings

Jmxdc

On 1/21/2021 at 1:45 PM, Jmxdc said:

So I built a home theater but now I need some audio. I was looking at the Klipsch RP line I was thinking 8000f floor speakers with RP-504c center and a couple sets of RP-502S for the sides. Is this too much for a room this size? I have 3 rows and the back two are tiered up 10".  

Are you thoroughly confused yet? Your idea for speakers for your theater room is a good one, the RP 8000f/RP504c is a very good front three, and the 502s will work fine. These will compliment your sub nicely. You might make sure your choice of an AVR has pre outs for external amplification, but you might not need it. 

Welcome, and I hope you hang around.

• Like 2

So I decided to go with a second SPL-150 and the RP-8000f with the RP-504c center a pair of RP-502s to start out. 

I am still looking for a decent amp, looks like a lot of places are sold out or backordered. I was hoping to get the 11x from monoprice but that won't be available till March. Going to have a to save a little more before I pull the trigger on a better processor either the HTP1 or Emovita XMC-2. Everyone must be building theaters cause pickings are slim. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jmxdc said:

I am still looking for a decent amp, looks like a lot of places are sold out or backordered. I was hoping to get the 11x from monoprice but that won't be available till March.

Have you considered these instead.

https://outlawaudio.com/shop/products/50-model-5000x-5-channel-amplifier.html

image.jpeg.f8dceb8e1711bbd662cab38e41d511a7.jpeg

plus

https://outlawaudio.com/shop/power_amplifiers/25-model-7000x.html

Model 7000x 7-Channel Amplifier

Same great ATI build quality but less $$$ and less power.

Bill

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jmxdc said:

I ended up spending a little extra and getting the emotiva XPA-11 GEN3 amplifier. This should be good until I pull the trigger on a newer decent processor. 

Told you to have a look at their products, glad to hear that you´ve made a decision for Emotiva Products. Well done, gonna be fine ..👍

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jmxdc said:

I might just go with the Marantz AV7706. Anyone here tried this processor?  

The Marantz AV 7706 would certainly be a good choice and partner for the Emotiva power amp, as well as for the Klipsch speakers. It got excellent reviews. That should fit, at least from my own experience. I only drive stereo but with the Marantz PM 11-S3 amp and the Marantz SACD / DAC SA 11-S3 on a fully modified Klipsch RF7 MK II SE. A fantastic symbiosis.

Alternatively, I would still look at the Yamaha CX-A 5200 preamplifier, is in the same price range.

• Like 2

I think I like the AV7706 features better. Pulled the trigger so there is no going back now. I also added some RP-600M for the rear. 

Thank you all for the input, I can't wait to get all this installed and up and running.  

Edited by Jmxdc
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jmxdc said:

I think I like the AV7706 features better. Pulled the trigger so there is no going back now. I also added some RP-600M for the rear. 

Thank you all for the input, I can't wait to get all this installed and up and running.  

Well done, so you got what you´ll need . Once you're done, we'd all love to see pictures of your project. But take your time. Good things take time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

Well done, so you got what you´ll need . Once you're done, we'd all love to see pictures of your project. But take your time. Good things take time. 

Absolutely, I will post some pictures when its done, might be a few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...