I Want to Drink Here

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

https://www.baronefourteen.com/about

Ran into this, Patachou, Inc., based in Indy, about 5 or 6 restaurants, some with Klipsch Heritage speakers, reel to reel players, and:

In normal times, Bar One Fourteen offers bespoke cocktails and elevated bar fare. Equipped with an elite audio system that features Klipsch Forte speakers, a vintage reel-to-reel tape player, and vinyl turntable, Bar One Fourteen provides guests an unparalleled listening experience in an environment like no other. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Such dining and listening rooms are a great idea! I am convinced that there will soon be something like this in our country. It is a new trend that somehow reminds of the clubs of the 19th century in the UK...if today it is also possible without membership and entrance examination.

But it reflects the desire for a kind of half private and half public feel-good oasis in a mixture of protected zone and luxurious environment. Maybe I should open such a place as a soon retired...Then I can hear my Jubilees always further and can share my joy.

• Like 1

Thirty years ago I wanted to do this and people thought I was insane.  What a nice way to decompress after a long week and the food takes it to another level.  Simple.  Yes, I even have a phase 2 in place, which would make it even better for people and make that cash register really sing.  Raping wallets is my forte when it comes to business!  😂   :)

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/26/2022 at 9:10 AM, Dave MacKay said:

"The Little Jerry" is a small bar in Toronto that describes itself as a "sound bar" for audiophiles. The primary sound system has a pair of Khorns and a pair of La Scalas.

Recommended.

I went to their website and it doesn't say a lot but they do have acoustic panels on the walls which shows they care about sound: https://thelittlejerry.com/ I'm going to Tarana in August so I might check it out

• Like 1

Haven’t been to one of these but I like the concept, especially since there are few places to hear great sound in public/commercial/retail space these days.

A few thoughts:

I would love to see someone develop a business model for this type of listening lounge to be located near airports and the business and cultural attractions of cities. It’s not difficult to market to business travelers if they are well located.

If done right, this is a great way to grow the public exposure and awareness of premium audio and great sound.

I wonder if this might be a cool franchise opportunity?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

the Broad Ripple area of Indy.

Man, that's outta no where.  Haven't been in there in 30 years.  Some big pink hotel or something was in there years ago.  Had a lot of nice places.  Is the Vogue still in there?  Remember hearing about it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Man, that's outta no where.  Haven't been in there in 30 years.  Some big pink hotel or something was in there years ago.  Had a lot of nice places.  Is the Vogue still in there?  Remember hearing about it.

Yep, The Vogue is still there and extremely busy, it's voted the #1 club in Indy almost every year. Broad Ripple has something for everyone.....wine bars, hard rock clubs, The Alley Cat! I partied with The Ramones about 43 years ago in the Vogue parking lot!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

The Ramones about 43 years ago in the Vogue parking lot!

Sooooo how'd that work for ya?  lol  Yea, that place had a reputation for a great time.  Always too busy or didn't feel like suitin up to go there. lol  That was back in 85.  I was more of a Pendleton Pike kinda guy!  😂 😂  💪  😎

6 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Sooooo how'd that work for ya?  lol  Yea, that place had a reputation for a great time.  Always too busy or didn't feel like suitin up to go there. lol  That was back in 85.  I was more of a Pendleton Pike kinda guy!  😂 😂  💪  😎

Would that have been the "pole dancing" section of Pendleton Pike?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Would that have been the "pole dancing" section of Pendleton Pike?

Hey, I was just along for the ride and the laffs!  Honest!  😂

Best one I saw in there was during Indy week when another guy and I went out and his son, a cop from Detroit's inner city, met us there.  About 4 guys were workin over the fems pretty good so he got up and went over to have a lil talk w/em.  He never dropped his badge and they started in on him wanting to "take it outside."  We don't know what he said to them but they were good boys the rest of the night.  lol  Worked for us since we got a couple rounds of free drinks.  Indy week and you know how that rolls.  lol  

Indy and the surrounding area is great.  There's so much more to it than just the track and racing.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Hey, I was just along for the ride and the laffs!  Honest!  😂

Best one I saw in there was during Indy week when another guy and I went out and his son, a cop from Detroit's inner city, met us there.  About 4 guys were workin over the fems pretty good so he got up and went over to have a lil talk w/em.  He never dropped his badge and they started in on him wanting to "take it outside."  We don't know what he said to them but they were good boys the rest of the night.  lol  Worked for us since we got a couple rounds of free drinks.  Indy week and you know how that rolls.  lol  

Indy and the surrounding area is great.  There's so much more to it than just the track and racing.  :)

Back then it was a month long party....just 1 week now. 

The track never gave any statistics about how many people were at those races. Nascar came to town in 94, and counted all the seats. They had 475K permanent seats, and more than 200K people going into the infield. 700k people in 1 spot! It was as much as the whole city had....great times. It's all cleaned up now.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 9:43 PM, Travis In Austin said:

https://www.baronefourteen.com/about

Ran into this, Patachou, Inc., based in Indy, about 5 or 6 restaurants, some with Klipsch Heritage speakers, reel to reel players, and:

In normal times, Bar One Fourteen offers bespoke cocktails and elevated bar fare. Equipped with an elite audio system that features Klipsch Forte speakers, a vintage reel-to-reel tape player, and vinyl turntable, Bar One Fourteen provides guests an unparalleled listening experience in an environment like no other. 

You made me want to have a drink in this bar.

• Like 2