home theatre speaker upgrade-Klipsch set

vulcan

I am wanting to upgrade my home theatre speaker set. My HT receiver is a Onkyo HT-RC360(100wpc)

There seem to be a lot of Klipch home theatre model speakers out there. But I see a set here

locally that looks like it would be a good fit and the price is right and was hoping to get your opinions

about each piece. The floor standing front speaker set is the R-28F, the center is a RC-62 II, and also with

a subwoofer, the R-112SW. I am going to continue using for the rear surrounds some old Boston speakers(small)

for now.

They look to be in great condition from the pics. It is about a 2 hour drive

from my house to see them. Anyone have any experience  or opinions with the Klipsch set up. Thanks.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

Think that is the Best Buy model of floorstanding speakers. Also the Rp280f and the new Rp8000f

All in the RP line and similar in build and sound.

Someone should know more. The center channel is right popular here.

Is this for music too and dimension of listening area setup?

Thanks!

I went and looked at the used set last Saturday, had to pass, there were too many condition issues for me.

Looking at a new set at Costco, the Klipsch Reference Dolby Atmos Surround System for 899.99.

My receiver does not support Dolby Atmos, only Dolby Digital and DTS Master Audio. But can upgrade

later if need be. Going to get the Klipsch sub that is on sale too. Comments welcome, Thanks

10 hours ago, vulcan said:

I went and looked at the used set last Saturday, had to pass, there were too many condition issues for me.

Looking at a new set at Costco, the Klipsch Reference Dolby Atmos Surround System for 899.99.

My receiver does not support Dolby Atmos, only Dolby Digital and DTS Master Audio. But can upgrade

later if need be. Going to get the Klipsch sub that is on sale too. Comments welcome, Thanks

Hope you enjoyed road trip anyway. Photos can sometimes appear different than in person true enough.