Dim display....

Mighty Favog

No, not talking about my mental state. 🤣

A couple of years ago I snagged this Pioneer PD-F907 cd changer off CL for $12 working perfectly. At the time I never really noticed, but the led display is kinda dim. I looked in the manual to see if there was a setting but it said nothing about it.

So, before I tear into this thing, is it something obvious that I'm missing??

IMG_20210122_161829.jpg

Does the remote control have a button on it, that might say dimmer or something similar that might adjust the display brightness? I know their A/V receivers do, to give you the option to dim the display or turn it off entirely.

54 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Nope, nothin' on the remote. 🤔

LED's do dim naturally , as they age , but you can also check the Electrical  contacts to make sure ---if the contacts are ok , the LED's are loosing intensity due to the high  hours of operation  and they must be replaced   -

Best Advice is to always shut down your gear when not in use as LEDs are usually last for 50 to 100k hours , and reducing the ON POWERED  hours will allow them to stay brighter for a  longer period of time  -

8 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

They may very well be flourescent. I have a hard time telling them apart. 

Do they get brighter if you leave it on for awhile? Also just for grins and giggles try running the power on display demo that's shown on page 1 in the manual.