Hi. New to KAC. Considering La Scala (AL-3). Help navigating?

RinMotion

Hi everyone. I am new to the community and just starting to learn my way around here.

I am considering getting a pair of La Scala. I am in Asia so they are not as abundant and easy to get a hold of as they are in North America. Plus, space is always an issue for speakers this size, thus the lack of availability of them in the local market. There is a pair available now with the AL-3 crossover. I would like to find some threads here that would be good to read for my purposes.

Any tips on how to navigate on here to finding those threads or any suggested threads that I should start with?

Thanks in advance.

On 1/25/2021 at 12:04 AM, Schu said:

welcome to the forum RinMotion.... where do you call home?

Hello Schu. Thanks for asking. I am originally from Toronto, Canada. Born and lived there for most of my life until moving with my wife and kids over to Hong Kong. So I would like to make the best of my situation by saying that I call both places home. :)

Life is very convenient here but living spaces in general here are much smaller. Our place now is not in central Hong Kong so we have a much bigger space than we would have if we lived there. Otherwise thinking about the La Scala would not be a practical speaker to consider. Prior to thinking about the La Scala, I was thinking about the ATC SCM40. I know... these are such different speakers. I have a pair of the bookshelf ATC at my workstation now (SCM19). So I thought I might consider a different sound for the 2-speaker system. But I probably would not mind going either direction so my mind is open and just doing some research now.

I have always been a headphone guy, which suits HK life because of all the time spent in transit and also in the tighter spaces at home. I've only started learning about speakers a little less than a year ago because of Covid-19. Now I get so much time with music and speakers. I am mainly using my workstation system because that is where I am most of the time but the 2-speaker system is in the same room but at opposite ends (and corner - workstation) so I can listen to either at any time. 

I am looking for a speaker that fills the room and does not require one to sit in a specific sweet spot as I would like to be able to listen to the 2-speaker system even when I am sitting in the back corner at the workstation.

I think I answered a little more than you asked. :)

Edited by RinMotion