84 cornwall decorators in Ma. $750 - they need work

garyeanderson

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ele/d/salem-1984-klipsch-cornwall-and-veneer/7266681229.html

They still show up from time to time locally. Sold mine for $800 and mine were CWL - I'm not in the market anymore 

The ad from craigslist...

1984 Klipsch Cornwall I and veneer - $750 (Salem, MA)   

There are multi-items to this listing which I prefer to try to sell together for maximum value for both you and me. Cash only, pick-up by you but I will help get it into your vehicle. This are available to try out in a backroom of the house with a separate entrance. Mask required.

To summarize what I write below, this listing is for:

1) 1984 Cornwall I speakers with cabinets that are in fair condition but need a few more wood filler repairs to make them a good base for veneering
2) Figured Walnut Veneer sufficient to cover the speakers and already cut for to create a waterfall, bookmatched look
3) New linen grill cloth
4) Crossovers rebuilt with Crites caps
5) Old grill cloth which is still in pretty good shape but the frames are not
6) If it sweetens the deal, then a 4/5 full gallon of heatlock glue for attaching the veneer
7) I can also give you the old riser stands, but they are very beat up and definitely should be replaced vs repaired. However, you can use them for sizing the new ones. New stands would be very easy to build from stock solid wood.

A few years ago I purchased a beat up pair of 1984 Klipsch Cornwall I, painted black. I've stripped the black paint on the outside and have made most, but not all repairs to the dinged up edges and corners with wood putty. A couple of places need more attention.

I repaired the crossovers using the Crites crossover kit. This was necessary due to problems and the speakers sound great and they are set up in backroom so you can try them out. So, original parts for the tweeter, mid-range, and woofer, but rebuilt crossovers.

I purchased several sheets of figured walnut veneer with the intent of making this look similar to a new set of Cornwall III with the Black Walnut. I'm included a picture of the veneer and another of where I was trying to go with this.

I also purchased some lambswool linen fabric to replace the grill fabric and I was going to make new grill frames as the old ones are weak or damaged near the ports at the bottom. I only have one grill badge as shown in one of the pictures.

00a0a_asq2L630Lg4z_0lM0t2_1200x900.thumb.jpg.6096d03d498d36df0d1538cb9e9120d0.jpg 00b0b_93MJdGdStRmz_0lM0t2_1200x900.thumb.jpg.aa94aa5e61399cfee43666fc3481a6a7.jpg00m0m_ihsnKOzm1Cdz_0lM0t2_1200x900.thumb.jpg.021e227065059866b83ac20542bf10dc.jpg00w0w_igqrsc2jtoTz_0lM0t2_1200x900.thumb.jpg.f57bfb0d1354f9eb3e07580a92409753.jpg

On 1/24/2021 at 10:01 AM, garyeanderson said:

They still show up from time to time locally. Sold mine for $800 and mine were CWL - I'm not in the market anymore 

2 hours ago, Staples said:

I'm the seller. These are not decorators. They are standard Cornwall I. I just don't have the grills on in the pics.

Why is there a picture of a Heresy in the lot? 

9 hours ago, Staples said:

I'm the seller. These are not decorators. They are standard Cornwall I. I just don't have the grills on in the pics.

I stand corrected, I guess I should have noticed the motorboard is recessed :blush2:

As for the heresy, I messed up - it happened to be in the same directory that I copied the other photos to. :blush:

I'll get my coat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/25/2021 at 11:38 PM, Staples said:

Nice listing - quick question - did you sell a pair of KG4s with a matching KV2 center a few years back that you had finished in grey and a similar linen speaker cloth?  EDIT: Noticed the address on the listing and I'm pretty sure it was you.  If so, I can vouch for the seller.  Good person, great speakers, and a true Klipsch fan.

Edited by BadChile